Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Spray

Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Spray

Review of "Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Spray"

published 26/02/2007 | rosehall
Member since : 29/08/2006
Pro Lasts for ages, pretty bottle design
Cons Quite expensive compared to other brands
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Just an Angel"

The fragrance "Angel" by Thierry Mugler is one of my many favourite perfumes. I treated myself to this from eBay about six months ago. I bought the 50ml (1.7 fl oz) bottle of perfume which was slightly used (only a smidgen less than a full bottle) but still boxed and in pristine condition for £30. I feel I got a real bargain. This sized bottle can be refilled either at an Angel Fragrance Source in Perfumeries or with an Angel refill bottle.

Designer.
Angel was introduced in 1993 by Thierry Mugler who is an instinctive designer whose range of fragrances took inspiration from comic books and outer space (hence some of the chosen names).

The Bottle Itself.
This elongated star shaped blue bottle is representative of Mugler's star which is finished by a shiny chrome top from where you press to spray this perfume onto yourself. The shape of the bottle is also designed to fit comfortably in your hand. The bottle lays flat on your dressing table which is a shame as it would be nice to display it with my other perfume. You can actually buy a stand for this perfume but they are in excess of £30 so I am quite happy to lay my bottle down!

The Fragrance.
This is the first fragrance made with no floral scents. There is a sweet heady fragrant mixture of chocolate, caramel, vanilla, honey encased with warm, smooth spices. I think this perfume smells slightly like white chocolate and it is certainly very distinctive - every time I wear this fragrance people either ask me what I am wearing or say 'you're wearing Angel aren't you' so its certainly a scent that gets you noticed for all the right reasons!

Staying Power.
This perfume lasts forever in both smell and contents of bottle. A little really does go a very long way and you have to be careful you don't be over generous when you are applying it on yourself. If you spray it on yourself and then put a coat or something on after it lingers on just about everything. Definitely not a perfume to wear if you are having secret liaisons!! Usually I only spray this perfume 1-2 times as this is all I need for the scent to last all day.

Packaging
The bottle is packaged by an oblong shaped box measuring about 6 inches high x 4.5 inches wide x 1.5 depth so its quite a fair sized box. The front and the back are mainly light blue with the inscription ANGEL written in black and the designers name and contents, size etc written in silver. On the back which again is light blue with silver writing giving refill details and ingredients. The bottle is perfectly held snugly inside by an even paler blue doubled layer insert containing this luscious bottle of perfume.

Size, Cost and Availability.

This perfume is available in
50ml £48.79
25ml £34.99
15ml £25.99

This perfume also can be bought in a gift set with other items, such as shower gel and body lotion. Angel can be bought in most department stores, Superdrug and in many online places.
www.beautybay.com is a good website for perfumes or try eBay for a bargain.

This is one of the most expensive perfume I have come across but the smell lasts so well that you don't mind paying a little extra.

As you can guess I really like this perfume. It is very strong and sweet and after you have been wearing it a while you think you cant smell it when in fact you can (or should I say others can) The perfume lasts such a long while that only a small bottle will go a very long way.

Thank you for reading.

• just.bcoz published 29/12/2007
    Great review......... ive got a bottle of this but dont wear it as often as i used to
  • Craigshadow12 published 30/07/2007
    Great Review! I take my hat off to you :D. Craig :♥D
  • shazzaspannered published 22/04/2007
    No offence but I really cannot stand this perfume - it gives me such a bad headache anytime someone near me is wearing it. I think its the Marmite of the perfume world - you either love it or you hate it x

offers "Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum Spray"