Thomas Sabo Black Obsidian Bracelet

Thomas Sabo Black Obsidian Bracelet

Review of "Thomas Sabo Black Obsidian Bracelet"

published 22/02/2012 | michelley26
Member since : 11/11/2009
Pro choice od sizes and colours
Cons can only hold 3 charms
Selection & range
Availability

"charm bracelet that's a little bit different"

I received this Thomas Sabo black obsidian charm bracelet, along with one charm as a Christmas gift.
Not to sound ungrateful, but I was initially a little bit dissapointed, as I already have a Tiffany charm bracelet and a Pandora charm bracelet and I didn't really want another one.
However I have to admit that I actually really love this little charm bracelet, it is such a different concept from the other two charm bracelets that I have, and I'm really impressed with it. It's totally different to your typical silver chram bracelet, and as such isn't instantly recognisable as a charm bracelet. It looks stunning on.

The charm bracelet is a stretchy bracelet made from black obsidian stones, with a Thomas Sabo branded sterling silver charm holder. Because the bracelet is on a stretchy nylon cord it is easily slipped on or off your wrist, and size isn't a huge issue if it's a gift. The bracelet does come in four sizes; small - 15cm, medium - 16.5cm, large - 17.5cm, and extra large - 18.5cm. The size I recieved was the large, I have fairly average size wrists and this fits me with the bracelet sitting loose on my wrist, the medium would also have fitted me with the bracelet just being a tighter fit, I do however like it fitting loosely. The charm carrier or charm holder on the bracelet will hold up to three charms of your choice. The charms just basically clip onto the hook with a little spring clasp. You can choose to wear the bracelet on its own without any charms attached, or with one, two or three charms attached.

Thomas Sabo do a huge range of charms for whatever takes your fancy or to suit any occasion. You can easily mix and match your charms on your bracelet in seconds. The beaded stone bracelet that I have is also available with rose quartz, reconstucted turquoise or white cultured pearl stones. I've since been to look at the other options and to buy a couple more charms, and I actually think that the one I have - the black obsidian bracelet is the nicest, probably followed by the pearl bracelet. The black obsidian stones on my bracelet are gorgeous, they are cut to be multi faceted and they really sparkle and catch the light. Everyone comments on this, you don't see many people with these at all. As much as I love my Pandora bracelet, everyone does have them!

I must admit that I was a little bit dubious at first as to the durability of the bracelet because the stones are just on a stetchy nylon cord. I've had many a stetchy beaded costume jewellry bracelet that has snapped, or the nylon cord has stretched over time. I can't comment on the long term durability as I've only had mine since Christmas, but I can say that the friend who bought me the bracelet does have two of these which she has had for many years now with no problems whatsoever. It does seem to be very well made, and very good quality. The bracelet is easy enough to keep clean, I just wipe mine over with a soft cloth and it sparkles like new.

The stone beaded bracelets retail for £29.95, and the charms vary in price between £19.95 and £99.95.

• Spottydog11 published 22/02/2012
    I love the look of this x

Product Information : Thomas Sabo Black Obsidian Bracelet