Thomson Holidays

Thomson Holidays

Review of "Thomson Holidays"

published 24/08/2000 | bobhaskett
Member since : 16/07/2000
Pro A great way way to meet people.
Cons The hotels may be a little basic for some people
How well does it cater for the disabled

"Not so Small but Very Friendly"

For the first time in 28 years of married life, my wife and I went on holiday on our own, without our parents or our children. Would we like it, would we be bored, would we argue? Because of our fears we decided to go book somewhere in the Thomson's "Small and Friendly" brochure. We chose Rhodes Town in Greece and stayed in the Astron Hotel in the New Town, about a 10 minute walk from the ancient walled city called, not surprizingly, the "Old Town". It has been one of the best holidays we have ever had. The hotel was larger than I thought it would be but the welcome we and all of the other guests were given by the manager, Dimitri, and his staff and family was out of this world. Also because everyone breakfasted together on the shaded front terrace, we met lots of new friends, many who, like us were on their own for the first time. We will definately go back there but another bonus is, because this type of holiday is a lot cheaper than some of the big hotels, we will now be able to go abroad more often during the year, and of course we will go "Small and Friendly" again when we do so.

Product Information : Thomson Holidays