Tiger Tim Fire Logs

Tiger Tim Fire Logs

Outdoor Barbecue - BBQ Accessories/Fuel

Review of "Tiger Tim Fire Logs"

published 21/08/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Easy to use, lights well, great basis for a roaring fire.
Cons A little overpriced.
Performance
Safety

"Stick another log on the fire Tim!"

The product

This is a fire log that is suitable for use in open fires, wood stoves & chimneas.

How to use this

All you need to do is put this in place & then use a lighter or long match to light both ends. This will then burn across the paper and the log will catch fire. This log is suitable for use in smokeless areas also which is ideal if you are somewhere where you are not supposed to have a fire such as at the beach. Please note that this is not suitable for a BBQ. What we did with this was lay a layer of charcoals underneath this fire log, light this and then it made a lovely roaring fire for us which lasted for several hours before it needed more coals added to it.
Where do I get this & for how much?

These can be purchased from B&Q for £3.50. They are also available from numerous places but the price will vary. We just purchased ours from B&Q for convenience as B&Q was the nearest place to where we were staying that had barbeque equipment and fire lighting materials.

Overall opinion

This fire log is very simple to use. It is simple & convenient as you just need to light the wrapper. This means that I don’t have to get messy if I don’t want to just to make a fire.

Our main reason for purchasing this was that we were away for the weekend and wanted to enjoy a nice roaring fire. This was ideal for that as while it was a little bit more expensive than lighting it ourselves it also meant that we didn’t have any mess or fuss to deal with and this could just be sat inside the fire until we wanted to use it. There was minimal ash from using this and it was much tidier once burning down than I thought it would be.

There was no smell when this was burning, however, I laid this on some coals so there was a slight smell once the coals begun to burn. The fire log itself lasted for around 2 ½ hours which was reasonable enough and gave us the basis for a decent fire for the rest of the evening with some extra charcoal added throughout the night.

The only downside to this fire log is the price really. I would rather have paid £2-£2.50 as I think that this is more true to how much it should cost, however, sometimes in life you have to pay for convenience, as we did. It worked well, it definitely was a log for the fire and it gave us the basis to a roaring fire even though we are not very experienced with lighting fires anymore.

Summary: A fantastic fire log helping light a warming fire.

• Elysia2003 published 22/08/2011
    Sounds a good idea but pretty costly x
  • catsholiday published 21/08/2011