Review of "Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream"

published 16/04/2016 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
Pro Works, lives up to claims, lots of lovely ingredients
Cons Availability
How easily is it absorbed?

"...and on that bombshell..... Time Bomb Eye Cream ~ 5*"

Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream

When I spotted an All Boxed Up box at a good price that included some of the lovely Pecksniffs products to try and eye cream from a brand I didn’t know, when I was getting low of eye cream I ordered a box and I have been using this eye cream daily for several weeks now and here are my thoughts:

First Impression:

Supplied in a 15ml tube the cream is white and very ordinary looking, a fairly thin cream the look and texture is of a body lotion and the smell is barely discernable and I did not know what to expect when I first tried the cream, but the impression was nothing special.

The barely discernable fragrance hints at floral and is soft and delicate, nothing to offend anyone here.

Packaging:

The 15ml tube is white plastic with a clear screw on/off lid and the product name is large and bright in grey, green and pink and preceded by a pink star. On the back the claims for the product, the directions and distribution information are all there in small text, along with the website address: timebomb.com.

Claims:

The text on the container is very small but I can see that it advises the cream targets dark circles and that it is a powerful blend. Having now visited the website I have also learned that the cream is designed to also target fine lines and crepey texture whilst it moisturises, plumps and smoothes the look of the delicate eye area. Time Bomb claims that ‘Smart Balm features potent peptides and powerful natural ingredients to address all the problems related to the eye area Centella, along with peptides, helps boost skin’s micro-circulation’ (accessed April 2016).

Ingredients:

‘Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Lecithin, Benzoic Acid, Escin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Steareth-20, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Dipeptide-2, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7’ (accessed April 2016).

I am impressed by the large number of natural ingredients in this eye cream, the first ingredient after water is emollient thickening agent and Hydrolyzed Corn Starch is used for skin conditioning, whilst Borago Officinalis Seed Oil contains a high concentration of y-linolenic acid (GLA) which is used a lot to treat dermatitis and as a skin soothing and conditioning agent. Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract will be the ingredient included to combat dark circles and the mentioned active ingredient Centella Asiatica Extract is an important medicinal herb that is used to treat a large number of serious skin complaints.

Using:

I have just read on the website that the cream is designed to be used in the morning and can be used throughout the day. I have been using it at night time before going to bed, which is when I always use my eye cream and I have experienced good results using it this way.

When I unscrew the lid the tube it is necessary to gently squeeze the cream through the funnel type aperture and I squeeze out a drop about the size of a petit pois. I have noticed when my skin is dry I need to use this amount for the top and bottom of each eye. However, recently having been using this cream for several weeks, I am finding that this dose is perfectly adequate for each eye, gently smoothing around the eye to include the eyelid and lower eye area. The cream is impressively fast to absorb although my eye area feels slightly as though there is something on it for around a minute after application, this fades and the skin is soft to touch and actually having applied this cream this morning, I wish I’d taken before and after photo’s because the lower eye area that was dark is now normal skin tone colour and that is quite impressive.

I have been enjoying using this cream, both the creams that I used before where very good and I was pleased with them and would buy again, so I don’t know how much of the goodness of this cream is cumulative from those, however the impressive almost instant results this morning have seriously wowed me and I intend to finish this review in a few hours after I have established how long these results last.

As a general eye moisturiser this cream is delivering, I have not suddenly aged since using it, so used as an eye night cream it is doing the job well, combating dryness, fine lines and tendency to crepy skin in that area. Now I know how well it combats that dark circles issue, I will sometimes use it during the day to combat that issue as well and it is much more effective than any concealer I have ever tried. Returning to my review, I can also confirm that the effect is long lasting, lasting at least until lunchtime and that the cream is a great primer for eye shadow.

Price & Availability:

I have not spotted this in any High Street shops, however it can be bought on Amazon for £29.00 at the time of writing (April 2016).

~*~

OK, You May Wonder Who the Heck Are Time Bomb then?

Well, I was asking that question, especially once I realised just how amazing this cream really is. I’ve been going to sleep with beautiful looking eye areas for weeks now and not knowing it!

I have found the important bit of information on their website and...... wait for it, drum roll p-lease:

The founder of Time bomb is Gail Federici.

Who, you say? Well, she is the lady who was key in John Frieda Hair Care and who actually invented the game-changing Frizz Ease Hair Serum.

She also has a hair colour brand Colour Wow distributed via Space NK, I don’t dye my hair, but I am looking forward to reviews of that brand from those reviewers who do, if this eye cream is anything to go by it will be good.

~*~

Conclusion:

To start with I was so/so about this cream, there was nothing that wowed me about it at all. Since using it for a few weeks, I’ve thought yeah, this is a good cream, it’s doing the job. Now that I have tried it for its intended purpose I am well and truly wowed! I am happy to recommend this eye cream both as a general cream and as a daytime treatment to combat under eye circles. In fact, please try it, you must.

Stars:

5/5

Thanks for reading

• justarube published 01/11/2016
    Great review
  • hiker published 03/07/2016
    vh
  • Zoeeaton published 13/05/2016
    Brill... This has made me empted to try my first ever eye cream!

offers "Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream"

Product Information : Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream

Manufacturer: Time Bomb

Genre: Eye Care

Listed on Ciao since: 13/04/2016

Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream - Review - ...and on that bombshell..... Time Bomb Eye Cream ~ 5*
Home > Beauty > Face > Face Creams & Treatments > Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream > Reviews

LiveMusic... 5

LiveMusicLoverLyn

About me: :( So sad and will miss you all. Posting and rating to the end as a few days off work. Thanks for all the reads & rates, much appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved. Ciao for now everyone.....

Member since:23.03.2014

...and on that bombshell..... Time Bomb Eye Cream ~ 5*

16.04.2016

Advantages:
Works, lives up to claims, lots of lovely ingredients

Disadvantages:
Availability

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?It smoothens, It revitalises, It moisturises

Why did you buy it?Low price

41 Ciao members have rated this review on average: exceptional See ratings
  1. euphie
  2. Pointress
  3. Bollinger28
  1. justarube
  2. hiker
  3. catsholiday

Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream

When I spotted an All Boxed Up box at a good price that included some of the lovely Pecksniffs products to try and eye cream from a brand I didnt know, when I was getting low of eye cream I ordered a box and I have been using this eye cream daily for several weeks now and here are my thoughts:

First Impression:

Packaging:

Claims:

The text on the container is very small but I can see that it advises the cream targets dark circles and that it is a powerful blend. Having now visited the website I have also learned that the cream is designed to also target fine lines and crepey texture whilst it moisturises, plumps and smoothes the look of the delicate eye area. Time Bomb claims that Smart Balm features potent peptides and powerful natural ingredients to address all the problems related to the eye area Centella, along with peptides, helps boost skins micro-circulation (accessed April 2016).

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Glycerin, Lecithin, Benzoic Acid, Escin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Steareth-20, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Dipeptide-2, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (accessed April 2016).

Using:

When I unscrew the lid the tube it is necessary to gently squeeze the cream through the funnel type aperture and I squeeze out a drop about the size of a petit pois. I have noticed when my skin is dry I need to use this amount for the top and bottom of each eye. However, recently having been using this cream for several weeks, I am finding that this dose is perfectly adequate for each eye, gently smoothing around the eye to include the eyelid and lower eye area. The cream is impressively fast to absorb although my eye area feels slightly as though there is something on it for around a minute after application, this fades and the skin is soft to touch and actually having applied this cream this morning, I wish Id taken before and after photos because the lower eye area that was dark is now normal skin tone colour and that is quite impressive.

I have been enjoying using this cream, both the creams that I used before where very good and I was pleased with them and would buy again, so I dont know how much of the goodness of this cream is cumulative from those, however the impressive almost instant results this morning have seriously wowed me and I intend to finish this review in a few hours after I have established how long these results last.

Price & Availability:

I have not spotted this in any High Street shops, however it can be bought on Amazon for 29.00 at the time of writing (April 2016).

~*~

OK, You May Wonder Who the Heck Are Time Bomb then?

Well, I was asking that question, especially once I realised just how amazing this cream really is. Ive been going to sleep with beautiful looking eye areas for weeks now and not knowing it!

The founder of Time bomb is Gail Federici.

She also has a hair colour brand Colour Wow distributed via Space NK, I dont dye my hair, but I am looking forward to reviews of that brand from those reviewers who do, if this eye cream is anything to go by it will be good.

~*~

Conclusion:

To start with I was so/so about this cream, there was nothing that wowed me about it at all. Since using it for a few weeks, Ive thought yeah, this is a good cream, its doing the job. Now that I have tried it for its intended purpose I am well and truly wowed! I am happy to recommend this eye cream both as a general cream and as a daytime treatment to combat under eye circles. In fact, please try it, you must.

Stars:

5/5

Thanks for reading
Pictures of Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream
Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream P1020746 - Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream
Time Bomb Smart Balm Eye Cream

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

justarube 01.11.2016 19:25

Great review

hiker 03.07.2016 15:23

vh

Zoeeaton 13.05.2016 19:18

Brill... This has made me empted to try my first ever eye cream!