Timotei

Member since : 06/05/2001
Pro Cleans and adds shine
Cons none

"A Refreshing Experience"

As there is no category for Timotei Revitalising Herbs Shampoo for normal hair, I am writing it in this section.

I have previously written a review on Pantene Pro-V. Writing this new opinion on Timotei does not mean that I have changed my mind about it at all. I simply believe that it is important to change your shampoo every so often because your hair becomes used to it and the product becomes less effective. You definitely notice the difference the first time you use a new shampoo and this is why I opted for a change.

Timotei is made under French company Lever Faberge. It has been around for years. I remember when I was younger and Timotei was a popular choice for many people. Nowadays it has lost its market due to the introduction of many other brands of shampoo. It has come back with a new look, but has kept the same formula.

~Bottle~
The bottle has completely changed from how I remember it. It used to be a slimline bottle shape but has now transformed itself into a modern, streamline bottle, with curvy sides. It is white with a green plastic flip lid. All the information on the front and instructions on the back are represented in both English and French.

~Instructions~
Simply wet your hair and squeeze a little of the shampoo into the palm of your hand. Rub your hands together and then massage the shampoo into your hair, working up a lather. Rinse out completely. For the best results you should use this with the conditioner (review coming shortly).

~What Should It Do?~
Timotei contains natural herb extracts which are thought to have energising and refreshing properties. These help to create a formula that cleans and leaves your hair shiny and soft, with lots of vitality.

~Whats It Like?~
The shampoo looks and smells exactly as I remember it. It is a translucent green in colour and smells very fresh and floral in the bottle.....lovely. It comes out of the bottle easily and a little goes a long way, as it lathers up well. It really smells lovely at this stage and makes you feel great.

I have been using it for a few weeks now and my hair feels fantastically soft. I have also noticed it feels very silky and smooth and seems to have a bit of extra shine. It also leaves your hair smelling great for the rest of the day. It is really mild which means you can use it every day.

~Extra Information~
This shampoo came in a 250ml bottle which was the only size they had available. I expect you can buy larger bottles though. For this size I paid £1.69 in Boots which is a great price for a shampoo that works so well.

Like other shampoos you should avoid contact with your eyes. If this does happen you should rinse them out with warm water straight away.

Timotei is dermatologically tested.

Thanks to everyone who reads this.
Sarah ~:o)~

• hmd3 published 25/02/2005
    Im a bloke but swear by this stuff, however of late I have also been impressed with original source, but for me this is still number 1
  • mumagain published 08/05/2002
    Nice op, informative and well structured, you are so right about changing your shampoo from time to time, I do find that some shampoo's over a period of time, don't have the nice softening effects that they once did, thanks Chele X ....................... p.s Thank you for your nice comment on my Fairy op, I love apples and intend to buy the apple blossom one, when this one runs out :o)
  • MRANDREWSJK published 07/05/2002