Timotei

Review of "Timotei"

published 25/02/2006 | tammyL129
Member since : 13/12/2003
Pro Smeels nice, cheap
Cons Maybe not as good as some more expensive shampoos
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"Timotei 2 in 1 Almond and Vanilla"

Right where shall I start? The product that I am reviewing here is Timotei 2 in 1 softening Almond and Vanilla shampoo. It is a mild shampoo and conditioner for normal to delicate hair. It is made (obviously) by Timotei which is a Unilever brand. Unilever also make Dove, Impulse, Lux, Sunsilk, Vaseline as well as things like Ben and Jerry's and Bovril among many others!

Right on to the shampoo and Conditioner.....

First of all lets start with what is obviously the most important thing, no not what it does to your hair, but the smell!!! On opening the bottle you get a slight whiff of the almond and vanilla although I'm not totally convinced that I smell it just because I think it should be there. Never the less the smell is quite nice and feminine but not too feminine so that blokes wouldn't want to use it. After washing my hair the you can definitely smell the shampoo which I'm always quite pleased about, even though its soon covered up with my "eau de Mayfair"!

Moving swiftly on, according to the bottle when using this product you will "Experience the softness of almond and vanilla in Timotei 2 in 1. This extra light shampoo with moisturising ingredients will bring the perfect amount of gentle care to your hair. Leaving it detangled, soft and shiny." Which is some claim but is it true?

Well in my experience, I would have to agree although not entirely!!! (Well it just wouldn't be me if I didn't moan a bit) I have shoulder length hair at the moment and it can become rather tangled if I'm not careful and this is my only real problem with this shampoo. Quite often I do struggle to get a brush through it after washing, it is much better than when I've used other products but it could be a lot better. Other than that once brushed out it is quite shiny and softish and it smells rather nice so I can't complain there. It's also a moisturising shampoo and I have never experienced any problems with my scalp when using it so I would recommend to those with sensitive skin especially.

Right now to the most important part of the whole review, the price information!!!!! The bottle I have is the 300ml size and to be honest I'm not sure if there are other sizes or not! I bought mine because it was buy one get one free in Tesco a while back but that offer isn't on now but it may come back in the future so keep an eye out! Normally I think this sells for £1.59 a bottle which I think is quite reasonable. I wash my hair most days and a bottle of this seems to last about a month I would say so that's only 40p a week on shampoo which is great!

So in conclusion, if you want a 2 in 1 that leaves your hair smelling great, is kind to your scalp and gives you a soft and shiny look then choose this. My only minor gripe is that it's still quite hard to brush sometimes but it's much better than when I've used other products and at this price I can't complain, especially as I got it on BOGOF!

• M.Newcastle published 05/09/2009
    I like how Timotei smells, and I don't tend to see much difference between brands, but I don't really like 2-in-1s. Good review
  • Suzi75 published 20/06/2006
    Sounds worth giving it a bash, don't often use 2 in 1's unless I'm in a rush! Great review. xx
  • unixgirl published 09/05/2006
    Good review. Was looking for a good 2 in 1 to take on holiday and i think this might be it. Thanks. N.x

Product Information : Timotei