Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy (DVD)

Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy (DVD)

Review of "Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy (DVD)"

published 29/12/2016 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro A delightful and magical film.
Cons None.
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Tinker Bell comes to the rescue"

Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy

Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy

Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy is the fifth in the Tinker Bell series. Having not seen the previous 4 films, I can't compare this to the others, so am watching this from a new perspective. This was on telly over Christmas, and being a big fan of the Disney films, I decided to sit down and watch it.

Film Information

Released: 2014
Running time: 78 minutes
Director: Penny Holms
Producer: Jenni Magee-Cook
Genre: Adventure, Family, Animation

Main Cast
Mae Whitman - Tinker Bell
Tom Hiddleston - James 'Hook'
Christina Hendricks - Zarina
Lucy Liu - Silvermist
Rated: Universal
The Film

Zarina is a bit of a misunderstood fairy and is a dust-keeper in Pixie Hollow. She is intrigued and inquisitive and wants to find out about the magic behind the pixie dust. But when she starts experimenting on the blue dust, it starts to go wrong. She runs from Pixie Hollow where she teams up with a pirate ship and becomes its Captain. It's up to Tinker Bell and her friends to retrieve the blue pixie dust and return it to Pixie Hollow. But there is a small problem. In the process of trying to get the dust back, their magical powers are swapped, making the job in question a lot more harder than anticipated. With their skills swapped over, it makes the job of claiming the blue dust even more difficult, and amongst the confusion, it's interesting to see how they deal with this.

This is a magical and enchanting film. Filmed as a 3D animation, I love how the fairies come across on the screen. Each fairy looks different, but are all cute and adorable in their own ways. Tom Hiddleston who plays James Hook I think does an excellent voice over for his role. And I also found Mae Whitman who voices Tinker Bell to be wonderful. She gives Tinker bell the lovable, adorable quality we know and love. I like how there is plenty of action throughout the film to keep you wanting to know what happens next. I know this film is aimed for the children, but I felt like I was transported back to my childhood watching this. I love the magical feel to the film and the cuteness of the fairies. I like that there is the bad element of Zarina in the film, and with the good vs bad element, this adds to the quality of the storyline. The film is just over an hour long. It's not too long, and yet the film is packed with twits and turns. The special effects in the film are really good too. I love all the glitter and pixie dust and all the magical abilities what the fairies have. I definitely think it's a film that little girls would enjoy watching. There's not really anything scary in the film, but there are times when it leaves you wondering what will happen next.

My Thoughts

I loved this film. I enjoyed the storyline, and I love the intense colour throughout the movie. Tinker Bell was as cute as ever, as were her fairy friends. I'm glad I watched this. It transported me back to a time when as a child I enjoyed watching the Disney cartoons and was taken to a magical place. I think ti's certainly something the little ones would enjoy. It's not too long, and there is plenty going on in the film to keep yo occupied.
Price and Availability

At the time of writing this review, you can buy a new copy for just £3 from Amazon, or from just 47p for a used copy. You can also view this on Amazon Instant Video for £9.99

• Digbycat published 07/02/2017
    I've only just discovered these :) x
  • siberian-queen published 31/01/2017