Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat

Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat

Review of "Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat"

published 31/07/2017 | mummytobe78
Member since : 20/07/2014
Pro Easy to put on and off toilet
Cons None
Weight
Ease of cleaning
Hand Grip

"The dreaded toilet training"

We are in the process of toilet training Harry (where did my wee baby go!). We have potties which he uses but he does sometimes decide he wants to sit on the toilet. Obviously the toilet seat is too big and we need to hold him on which he doesn't particularly like. So I went online to see what I could find.

My bathroom is very small so I didn't want anything too big and bulky. I found the Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat on Amazon and paid £6.99 for it. At this price I wasn't too worried if it turned out to be no good.

The seat comes in white, blue and pink as far as I can see. You also get green and orange but they are moulded seats and look slightly different. I ordered the white one to blend in with our normal white toilet seat. The seat was simply packagedin a cellophane bag with an instruction leaflet inside it.

The seat is very simple to use. There is rubber around the base of the seat which just sits on your normal toilet seat. This makes the seat smaller and I think it helps Harry to feel more secure. It also og course makes it higher. It is too high for Harry to get on himself and even with a step we need to lift him and help him get comfortable. Harry is only 28 months so an older child wouldprobably manage better on they're own.

I was a little concerned it would not be secure, and when Harry is not sitting on it it can feel a little shaky. However, his weight seems to work to anchor it down and it does not move when he is on it, even when he is wriggling about.

The seat is made of plastic and very easy to clean. After every use I just wipe with antibacterial wipes and then after Harry goes to bed I will give it a good wash with bleach and hot water. It probably is not necessary to do this every night but it only takes 5 minutes and I like knowing it is sparkly clean for the next day.

The seat is light and Harry can easily pick it up, although he has not yet worked out how to put it on the toilet. We have taken the seat out with us and it is small enough to fit in a normal carrier bag. The seat has a loop on it if you want to hang it up for storage although we just keep ours down the side of the toilet.

The seat has a raised bit at the front which is perfect for little boys not urinating over the edge. It won't be as good when he is learning to pee standing up but that is still a while away.

There are a lot of toilettraining seats on the market but I have found this one perfect for our needs. It is ideal for a small bathroom and could not be easier to put on and take off. This was one purchase that was definitely worth the money.

Please note that in specific criteria it is making me choose how good it is for hand grip. There are no hand grips on this but it wouldnot allow me to choose not applicable.

• danielclark691 published 07/08/2017
    very well covered
  • euphie published 06/08/2017
    vh :o)
  • bettyboo47 published 04/08/2017
    definitely an essential bit of kit!!