Tips on Choosing a Camera

Tips on Choosing a Camera

Review of "Tips on Choosing a Camera"

published 03/01/2004 | Pictoria
Member since : 06/12/2003
Pro Really Helpful
Cons Nothing that I can think of

"Purchasing the Right Camera"

Getting a good camera is like buying a good car! You want to get the best out of your equipment, and a camera that will suit your needs, or the needs of your family depending on how many will be using it.

When I had decided on what I wanted from a camera I had started to phone around the different supliers in the area, all just saisd they had got one in stock... But Jessops where different, Having found out I was a disabled person wanting an SLR camera they arranged for me to go into the shop at a time when it would be more quiet.

They took me on one side and gave me a rather practicle and useful mini lecture on several SLR cameras, allowing me to feel and handle a variety of camera to get the camera which was right for my abilities. I found this really helpful, and have since been very loyal to Jessops for thier help and suport in obtaining a camera to suit my needs. Jessops took into account my disabilities, and experience or lack of experience with cameras of this type, so offered me all the suport and advice I needed. Thier customer care was really good.

When going for any camera, whether it be digital of film or camcorder, don't just buy the first camera that you see. Take time and get the feel of many camera's it is well worth the time and effort as I found out. A good camera will become a reliable servant to you and be like a companion for a long time.

Get the right camera you are more likley to have it for a long time, rather than just buying any off of the shelf and hoping for the best, like I used to do. Before approaching Jessops taking thier help and advice I would have worked my way through several cameras and found something I wasn't happy with for some reason. Now I have a camera that I am trully happy with and have never looked back since. My camera is easy to use on both auto and manual mode and produces pin-sharp pictures each time. That was something I fould lacking with some of the previous camera I had bought,, but then, they where cheapies I had bought, just because I liked the look of them, and not studied them before I had purchased!

I have had my Nikon F65 now coming upto 3 years from New. the store I bought the camera from, the manager still asks me how I am doing with my camera, even after all this time. I am impressed with them. I have also bought a camcorder from Jessops a few years ealier and had the same service as I got with buying my SLR camera. Both the SLR and the camcorder where purchased from the Preston branch of Jessops a few years apart. Jessops tend to give student discounts too.

Being a member of a good camera club can often pay dividends too. Not only qith the influence on the type of camera you look for, but . some camera outlets will offer a small discount to camera club members in thier local region,, OK not all, but it is worth checking this out if you belong to a camera club or photo society.

Thanks for reading

Lynn-Marie

• kazz7x7 published 01/02/2007
    Jessops is good.
  • allyb2003 published 08/01/2004
    I've bought from Jessops and found them to be great! Great op! Ally x
  • Mickie26 published 04/01/2004
    Some good advice here and I like the way you mention Jessops to me it's one of the best camera shops around.

Product Information : Tips on Choosing a Camera