marsland1 5

marsland1

About me: Lost my mother recently so sorry for not being around much.

Member since:03.05.2010

Squeaky hand!

12.12.2011

Advantages:
sweet

Disadvantages:
none

21 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. lorriellah
  3. AnneLorraine1

This is a lovely little hand puppet which will make your child laugh and be entertained!

A couple of years ago I bought this hand puppet along with the Sooty one which matches it.

Sooty was a very popular television show several years ago, I have fond memories of watching it with my children so when I saw these I couldn't resist them.

This hand puppet is of Sweep who is the main character (Sooty)'s friend. Sweep is a dog and is very cheeky. The puppet is made from a very soft fleecy like material so it can also double up as a soft toy too, it is ever so soft. His body is grey and he has long black ears and little black pads on his paws and a lovely little red nose.

Inside Sweep has hollow arms so you can put your fingers in his arms to work them and his head is slightly hollow but only at the bottom of it so that you can still move it but it is stuffed so it doesn't lose it's shape. Inside the head just at the bottom is a squeaker which when you squeeze it it makes a high pitched squeaking noise just like Sweep on the television show would make.

When you use this as a puppet there can be quite a bit to do so you feel like you need several more fingers but once you get used to it you do work out how to put hands in his arms, his head and also manage to squeak the squeaker at the same time.

This is a lovely toy. My grandchildren find it hilarious when we play with it and have great fun trying to work it themselves. The squeaking element of this is extremely popular with them, they love making it squeak.

I bought this about four years ago and it cost me £8 which I think is very good value for money. We have used it a lot and it is starting to look a little tired but the squeak is still in tact so I think it is a good quality toy.

Coloneljohn 20.12.2011 10:31