Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Feeding Bottles

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Feeding Bottles

Feeding Bottle

Review of "Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Feeding Bottles"

published 19/09/2008 | levin
Member since : 19/09/2008
Pro Easy to switch from bottle to breast, Easy to clean, Anti-colic teats
Cons Can't think of anything bad to say about these bottles
Capacity
Ease of cleaning
Wear & Tear
Dishwasher proof

"Tommee Tippee 'Closer to nature' bottles"

I gave birth to twins earlier this year and was adamant that i wanted to try to breastfeed them, however i knew that with twins it was going to be difficult and that there were going to be some occasions where i may need to use a bottle. With this in mind i decided i needed a bottle which would enable my children to switch between the bottle and the breast with relative ease.
I was immediately drawn to the Tommee Tippee bottles because of their name 'Closer to nature'. The teat is actually designed to mimic the breast and to allow the baby to latch on as they would with a nipple. I did initially start to breastfeed my babies - but felt that they weren't getting enough milk and i had to top up with formula - i have to say, the Closer to Nature bottles were an absolute godsend. My babies were able to switch between the breast and the bottles with no problems whatsoever - i was amazed. I was warned by the midwives that once babies had tried bottles they would be unlikely to go back to the breast but this just wasn't the case with these bottles.
Due to illness i did eventually stop breastfeeding and switched to using these bottles full-time.
The shape of the bottles and the fact that they have a wide neck mean that they are really easy to clean - theres no little nooks and crannies for the milk to get stuck in.
I found the shape of the bottles beneficial as well, they go in at the middle and it makes them really easy to hold. This is great because now my babies are a few months old they've started trying to bat the bottle out of my hands sometimes but i can get a good grip on it. They are very comfortable to hold.
The bottles also have anti-colic teats and neither of my babies suffered with colic which i believe to be down to the bottles.
I think the bottles are fairly priced and are no more expensive than any of the other leading bottles on the market.
All in all i think Tommee Tippee 'Closer to nature' bottles are brilliant, i would highly reccomend them.

• Classicc published 30/08/2016
    vh
  • just.bcoz published 20/09/2008
    I used Tommee Tippee bottles when my son was a baby.
  • burtybookworm published 19/09/2008