Tommee Tippee Electric Bottle Warmer

Tommee Tippee Electric Bottle Warmer

Review of "Tommee Tippee Electric Bottle Warmer"

published 26/12/2010 | Sunnysmiles
Member since : 22/07/2005
Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here
Pro heats milk up to right temperature
Cons none so far
Capacity
Ease of cleaning
Wear & Tear
Dishwasher proof

"Excellent bottle warmer"

When my grandson was born my daughter was unable to breast feed for long and he had to be put on a bottle, this meant having to buy a bottle warmer from Mothercare and it cost £7.99 for a Tommie Tippee Electric Bottle Warmer which was the same brand as the close to nature bottles we had already bought and a reasonable price to pay.

The bottle warmer comes in a silver cardboard box and has the picture of the bottle warmer on the front, it also has a cute little baby being held by it's mother on the side of the box and has a good instruction leaflet inside to follow before using it.

The bottle warmer isn't to big and clumsy and is about eight inches high maybe less but just large enough to hold a 250 ml babies bottle or a jar of baby food as it is a food warmer too. The unit is white with a hollow place where the bottle fits in and it has a grey dial on the front with the numbers 0-3 which can be turned to adjust the heat of the bottle or food you are warming up.

You can use this to heat up breast milk too if you are expressing the milk and it has a warming time of four minutes for a bottle or jar of food. It heats the baby milk up to a temperature of 20 degrees centigrade which is about an average room temperature, so it doesn't boil the milk just heats it up

The first time I used this unit I had to stand and watch it as my children were born over thirty years ago the method of standing a bottle in a bowl of warm water to heat it up then testing it on your wrist seemed very old fashioned all of a sudden.

The unit heats the milk adequately but always test it on the back of the wrist as you never know if it's a little hot for a new baby to drink. Even though it times the heat of the milk nicely I still like to test the temperature the old fashioned way. I have my grandson once a week and keep him over night as I like to help my daughter get a good nights sleep and also want to bond with the baby, so this unit comes with him every time he comes to stay and is used at every feed.

I have found this bottle warmer to be very helpful in the middle of the night feeding time as he wakes slowly for his feeds and you can hear him wriggling and making little noises in his sleep before he wakes, this is the time I pop the bottle in the warmer as by the time it is heated, my grandson has usually opened his eyes and began to grumble a little. Then the feed is waiting for him instead of him waiting for his feed.
This bottle warmer has given us the ability to get a good routine going. We make up the bottles during the day and then again for the night time feeds, keep them in the fridge and warm them with the bottle warmer when needed.

This is suitable for breast milk, formula milk and baby food when they are old enough to eat it. I think for the price it is a bargain as it's a very useful part of the feeding routine for the baby.
It has won the Mother and baby awards for best bottle warmer and they also have a web site if you need any information on the product or other baby products they have, you can go to www.tommieetippee.com to have a look if you are interested.

When we bought this at mothercare we got a seven day money back guarantee but also got a guarantee for a year when you send off the form to tommiee tippee. So far it has been used daily and nightly every three hours or less for the feeds and now my grandson is seven weeks old and is hasn't gone wrong at all it looks like it's going to be a good handy baby product that I will be happy to recommend to you if your bottle feeding your baby.

10 out of 10 for this one.

• eve6kicksass published 27/12/2010
    Super review! x
  • Amy69 published 26/12/2010
    Great review x
  • GillyMN published 26/12/2010
    Your daughter must be delighted that you are giving her a much needed break every week.

offers "Tommee Tippee Electric Bottle Warmer"