Review of "Tommee Tippee Steam Steriliser Starter Kit"

published 12/02/2009 | allybeth33
Member since : 10/02/2009
Pro quick, simple to use and very good value for money.
Cons none
How long does it take?
Capacity

"Can't go wrong Tommee Tippee Steam Steriliser Kit"

When i looked for a steam steriliser i was not expecting much my previous experience had been awfull and i dreaded the procession of endless bottles. My elder children had been breastfed excusively untill about three months when i had introduced some bottles to give me a rest. I had used a cold water steriliser and dreaded handling the unit or bottles especially in the night or early morning when the last thing you want, other than a screaming baby is cold water everywhere.My last baby had to be bottle fed as im on medication so we needed the steriliser from day one, i was worried it wouldnt be quick enough, knowing how many feeds a newborn can get through, i neednt have worried because the unit is very quick and amazingly simple to use.I had bought it prior to my sons birth but niether myself nor my partner had opened the box or read the instructions, our son arrived early by C section so i wasn't up to alot when i came home but my partner found it very easy to use without reading the instructions! obviuosly i have read them since.Thhe steriliser is pretty much self explanatory very simple, tells you when its heating, sterilising, cooling and then a countdown as to how long the bottles remain sterilised. The only small word of caution is that naturally the bottles are very hot at first and over enthusiasm can be a tad painfull.The steriliser comes with a couple of sachets of citric acid for descaling and is again simple to do. Its very attractive slimline design means it does fit in and look good in the kitchen.All in all i think it is very good value for money and beats others i have seen and used hands down.