Tomtom One

Tomtom One

Review of "Tomtom One"

published 31/12/2006 | stargirl644
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro clear display, loud speaking voice, sensitive touch screen
Cons Navigation is not 100% accurate
Reliability
Ease of Use
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery life

"TomTom One is the only one for me!!"

Having only had my Tomtom one for a short time I now wonder how I got on without it!! There is very little to dislike about the product, in fact my only piece of advice is don't ditch the A-Z just yet as the navigation is not 100% accurate, however this is something common to all GPS not just Tomtom. In general it will navigate me within sight of where I want to be, even if it doesn't get me to the doorstep.

On the plus side, the Tomtom has a clear screen showing easy to follow directions. You can also change it to night colours if you find the brightness too distracting. You can also set the map to switch off when driving at top speeds, and just rely on the voice if you are worried about distractions. The voice is very loud, which means you can hear it when driving a top speeds even with the radio on. The functions are easy to use, and the touch screen is sensitive enough to use quickly and easily. You can navigate by postcode, or just by town/city, and once you have set your destination you can set an arrival time. The tomtom will then tell you your ETA, which is a bit scary when you get stuck in traffic and you can see how late you are going to be!! On th plus side, if you do get stuck in traffic, there is a handy alternative route button, which without any fuss will get you out of the traffic and on your way again. The only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to avoid certain roads in the first place, although I know you can do this. Also for the more patient of people, tomtom offers a tour through each of the functions. Altogether this is a nifty piece of equipment which offers fantastic value for money. It is also easy to store once you have reached your destination. It fits snuggly in my handbag so I have no worries about advertising the fact that I have a GPS on me.

• townee1212 published 31/12/2006
    not as much info as i would say for a VH but a good review

Product Information : Tomtom One

Your first step in car navigation? TomTom ONE combines ease of use, portability, TomTom's touchscreen technology and a sleek new design. Drivers can enjoy the benefits of a TomTom ONE immediately, thanks to TomTom's award-winning plug and drive navigation software pre-installed on a memory card. This means there is no need to download complicated software, just plug in and start using. TomTom ONE comes with the latest regional maps of your region. With TomTom ONE, everyone can find its way from A to B!

Listed on Ciao since: 09/02/2006