Review of "Tomy Walkabout Classic"

published 18/08/2003 | Carrie2001
Member since : 17/08/2003
Pro Looks good, works well, easy to use, works with batteries and on mains, works outside.
Cons None.
How mobile is the parents unit?
Volume Control
Powered by

"A monitor to give peace of mind."

I bought a different make of baby monitor for my daughter when she was a month old, after 6 months it stopped working. I returned it to the store to exchange it for another one. I exchanged it for The Tomy Walkabout classic - it is superb. When the parent unit is a half a metre away I can hear my baby breathing peacefully. There is no interference what so ever,it is very clear, it has 2 channels incase of interfence, excellent volume control, it works outside very well. It has no night light, but to be honest, I didn't see this as a disadvantage I used to turn the first monitor I bought away from our daughter as I found the light disturbed her. The monitor is mid range, reasonably priced, it looks good and works very well. I would recommend it to any parent.

• KerriCMartin published 21/05/2004
    Having read your review of the Mothercare monitor, I wanted to see what the new improved monitor was like - this comment is a little brief, but good in conjunction with the last one you made.
  • Fruity_Tart published 18/08/2003
    Hi. :o) Sorry for the fh but you need loads more detail for a higher rate. If you edit leave me a message and I'll pop back and re-rate. :o) Chris x