Review of "TopShop Lips in Hazard Bright Red"

published 16/02/2012 | furrypineapple
Member since : 15/02/2012
Good
Pro Beautiful 'on trend' shade
Cons Doesn't last!

"Topshop lipstick: great colour, I'd like it to stay on my face!"

Firstly, I abolutely love the colour. I went for Hazard, which on the website looks like a dark browny red, but in reality is a more plummy, deep red. However, the shade is gorgeous, and I haven't been able to find it in any cosmetic stands in high street stores. Its a bit 90s, and gothy, if this ain't your scene try another shade!

However!! As a lipstick, I've been having difficulties. The application is very wet, and not in a 'beautiful glossy lip' way. More in a slide around smudgy way.

I've tried many techniques, because I love the colour so much, including using lipcote, lip liner to try and get a neater edge etc, 5 applications with lots of blotting, but the only option seems to be to apply it every 15 minutes.

Saying this, I will continue to apply it every 15 minutes because I love the colour so much! (Just waiting for Barry M to bring out a similar one...)

• kevin121 published 16/02/2012
    How does it compare to others you've tried? Not a bad start, so welcome to Ciao. A little more detail may help improve ratings though. Rachael.