The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
Hello? I am Hungary... sorry hungry.... So I am going to tell you what I am going to eat today, that is as at the time I am writing this. Welcome to my kitchen.... It is a pity you are not going to know what I am going to eat tomorrow, or anybody want to try? Who... who.... ok, you, tell me... you don’t know?... Ok... Neither do I, so let tomorrow come, then we’ll (you and I) decide. Jesus said that you should not be anxious about tomorrow, because tomorrow is full of its own anxieties itself, including what we are going to eat. Full stop.
Hey, sorry for that diversion, where are we? Ok, ok in the kitchen. I want to cook because I am terribly hungry. And guess what I want to cook? .....watch this space. (Sorry I learn that from community announcement in the member center)
Well I am going to cook my best foods today (I deserve a treat don’t I?). Foods? Yes foods... (Ciao said "10" best foods, and that's what I am going to cook).
Okay I am in the kitchen now; I look around and....watch this space.............. I cannot positively think of what I want to cook! Yet I am hungry. OK!! I see it! There is yam flour! Yes yam flour... who knows yam? I know you all know it! Well yam flour is the dried yam that is grounded or pounded into fine flour. And the finished delicious product is called "pounded yam".
So I take the yam flour and that is what I want to eat. For an average person like me, I’ll need 800g yam flour to satisfy my hunger. Okay... I'll take you along as I prepare it. Watch this space..............Hey lest I forget!! Just let me tell you what I need and what I'll use to prepare this stupendous meal. They are...Watch this space (Hell this is annoying!!! But tell ciao to stop that also). Let's go!
• I'll need a pan • I'll need a wooden spoon to stir • I'll need water (for 800g of the flour, I'll use about 900ml of water or thereabout) • I'll need a pot (I have, I have) • I'll need a delicious vegetable soup to eat it... (Hahaha). • I'll need a mouth to eat it... (Hahaha)
Now let's proceed. I heat the water in a pan and let it come to the boil. I add the yam flour and stir vigorously with the wooden spoon until I have something like a stiff porridge, and that's it! It is ready. Soo easy! It is ready to eat.....Hey hey hey... Not so fast, c’mon I am going to use soup to eat it. Normally I prefer using vegetable soup for it. That's the best soup for a food like that. I remember I have some vegetable soup that I have prepared earlier in the kitchen cabinet,
so I put some in a plate and..... ahhh.... finally... I am eating my numbers 1 and 2 best foods... Sorry you are not eating with me... Hmmm...Delicious!... Well you did not tell me you are also interested.....hmmm...delicious!!
Don’t you know? Of course my number 1 best food is the vegetable. Now the reason why I placed the pounded yam to number 2 is that I cannot enjoy eating pounded yam alone without the vegetable soup. So they go along.
Here is a simple recipe for vegetable soup using ingredients that I had on hand but of course you can substitute what you have on hand because there are different ways one can cook his vegetable. Most of the vegetable soup recipes I've seen call for just water, but I had an extra 4 cups of chicken stock leftover from another recipe(yesh! Chicken), so I decided to try it and it work out fine. In fact, it gave the soup some extra richness.
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil • 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter • 1 medium sized of onion • 2 carrots each • 1 handful of green beans • 8 button of mushrooms • 4 cups of chicken stock • 3 cups of water • 6 potatoes each • salt and pepper • 1/4 cup of parsley • pieces of chopped beefs • mouths to eat(hahaha)
Okay, here is how I prepare it. I heat butter and oil on medium high in a soup pot, Then I sauté onion, carrot and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
After, I add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes, then I add chicken stock, water and potatoes and I season it with salt & pepper. WOOOWW.. I am good at cooking!!.. No woman can cheat me :)
After it's been brought to a boil, I cover it then I reduce heat and cook at a gentle boil until the potatoes are tender.(That did not take more than 15 minutes). But just before the potatoes are done, I add some parsley. ( DE..DE.. LI..LI..CIOUS!)
Ready to eat!!... Okay I'll give you some. Bring your plates.
Okay... I am full now. I have eaten my best foods now. So I dont have to tell you again that my first two best foods are: • 1. Vegetable soup • 2. Pounded yam.
Now see my other 8 foods:
• 3. Fish, Fish, Fish.... I love fish. I can eat it as often as I can get it. I dont know what It has Done to me but I think I am addicted. leave me alone. You cannot change my mind.
• 4. yoghurt..... Although milk of various animals has been used for yoghurt production in various parts of the world, most of the industrialized yogurt production uses cow's milk. Whole milk, partially skimmed milk, skim milk or cream may be used. But I like the whole milk the most because it is natural.. You know, when I am drinking yoghurt, I just close my eyes, and.... ahhhhh I savour the taste. I can't do without yoghurt.
• 5. Ice cream.... Okay, Okay Okay!... I admit it, I like ice cream. I know what you must have been thinking, You think It's supposed to be on my no.1 or 2 list. But no... I prefer pounded yam with my vegetable than ice cream, but i like ice cream also. I prefer the strawberry type or the vanilla than any other type of ice cream.... So now who doesn't like ice cream? I guess nobody?.. hmm?. Okay nobody. I am not an exception period!
• 6. White Rice with stewed fish.... Yeah!! I love white rice also!.... Just the white like that, without adding anything!. I love it that way. Just put water on fire, and boil rice ordinarilly, put salt and let it boil to done. that's all, dish it for me with stewed fish (ahh fish again!! I love it!). I will love you forever.
• 7. Rice pilaf.... Should I say I like any make of rice? hmmm nope. not all but I love this food, Pilaf is a staple side dish. I think it come from india or mexico, but it is a great food and you can spice it with any type of vegetable and fish, according to your taste. I personally love adding vegetable to it. it is raelly great.
• 8. Fried plantain.... I love bananas generally, but I love plantain fried in oil, then there is this other type also, it's called plantain chips. It is fried in vegetable oil and sugar. Unripe plantain is what we use. It is really great also. I usually enjoy it when we go to the beach. It is used as picnic food. It is very great.
• 9. Shortbread.... Shorbread made in Scotland. I like it. It is more of snack than real food, but it can go along as food also. I don't actually know how it's being made but I know milk is part of its ingredients because of the taste. I like it but it is not easy to digest.
• 10. Chicken.... Surprisingly, I can do without chicken, unlike fish, but I usually enjoy eating fried chicken ( actually I love fried foods generally) when it is available. But I dont think much of it anyway, especially when I can get my fish, or vegetable. But I always really enjoy it when it is available.
•MY CHICKEN. * Calories: 120 * TotalFat: 1.5g * Saturated Fat: .5g * Protein: 24g * Cholesterol: 70mg *NOTE: different part of chickens has diffrent nutritional part, but I guess I only told you the nutritional fact of my favourite part;the breast.
I did not put the nutritional facts of iced cream and short bread because I must admit I dont know much about them, because I was contented with just eating and licking them, they are so enjoyable that I forgot to even take a look at their values.. Forgive me for that. :)
Oh.. I really do hope you enjoyed eating with me.. well.. Iknow how to cook, no woman can cheat me. ouch! I am hungry!..I have done enough writing for me to go hungry again, I am going into the kitchen, and I am going to prepare......WHATCH THIS SPACE!................................................................................ ...<CIAO>...