Review of "Top 10 Foods"
Is living in Australia for a year so lots of travel reviews coming your way! Trying to read and rate as much as i can xx
My Top Ten Foods1. Roast Potatoes
I love Roast Potatoes; I love them when they get really crunchy! I think the one thing every one will agree with me on is that there is nothing quite like your mum's Roast Potatoes! For some reason they never taste the same when you eat them out! And don't go down the frozen roast potatoes line either it just isn't the same!!
How to cook them: peel and part boil potatoes until you can stick a fork in them. While you are doing this pre-heat the oven 220C/454F/Gas mark 7, place fat or oil in a roasting tin in to heat. Drain potatoes and add to tin, be careful of spitting fat. Place in oven turning regularly. It takes roughly 40 - 50 mins for them to cook.
Chocolate Fudge Cake slightly warmed in the microwave with thick cream yummy! I buy chocolate fudge cake from Tescos ready made of course! For an indulgence like this you don't want to have to spend the time making it as well! Weatherspoons do a lovely slice of chocolate cake as well!3. Prawn Cocktail
This makes a great starter for any meal and is so simple to make, you just need some prawns (in date and thoroughly thawed) mix them with Mayonnaise and tomato ketchup to create your sauce, place on a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes and sprinkle some paprika pepper on top!Best place to eat out: The best Prawn Cocktail I've ever had is at Donatello's Italian restaurant in Brighton, 1-3 Brighton Place, The Lanes, Brighton, if you are down that way check it out and try their special offer 3 courses for £8.95 BARGIN!
4. ChickenChicken is my favourite meat, you can do so much with it, Roast it, Grill It, have cold with salads, mixed with mayonnaise for sandwiches or jacket potato fillings, fried with peppers and onion for fajitas, turned into burgers, drumsticks, battered! The Possibilities are endless! You can't go wrong with chicken!
5. GrapesGrapes are my favourite fruit, white ones, seedless! They are great to snack on throughout the day; especially if you are trying to eat healthily they make a great healthy snack!
6. ChipsThey have to be proper fish and chip shop chips though, from the bag with loads of salt and vinegar! I always associate chips with the seaside and coming from Brighton originally Brighton seafront and the pier!
7. Chinese FoodMy favourite takeaway! I always have Sweet and Sour Chicken Hong Kong Style with Vegetable Rice, but I also adore Duck Pancakes with Hoi Sin Sauce! My mouth is watering as I write this! You can also go to some great all you can eat Chinese buffets where you can have a bit of everything! These are great but make sure they regularly change the food over a tray should not really be out for more than 20/30 mins.
8. BeetrootWhat a great vegetable, you can have it sliced cold with salad of boiled with a roast. You can also by it in jars pickled this is great for sandwich fillings with cheese, or again with a salad! Personally I prefer fresh beetroot!
9. Tuna MayonnaiseSo quick and tasty, I always make sure I have tuna in the fridge. Tuna Mayonnaise is great in Jackets Potatoes, sandwiches or mixed in with pasta! I also add sweet corn to mine!
10. Spaghetti BolognaiseA classic dish, almost everyone likes it and it is so simple, well it is the way I make it anyway!
How to make it: Fry off mince until a light brown colour and water has absorbed, I also add mushrooms and onions to this! When cooked drain off fat. Then add a tomatoes sauce, I use Ragu Bolognaise Sauce! While you are doing all of this you should be boiling some pasta or spaghetti, this usually takes 20 mins to cook. Why not stick garlic bread in the oven to cook or make a little side salad to go with it!
Drain Spaghetti and serve, then serve sauce, add a little Parmesan cheese on top and Bon appetite!
Product Information : Top 10 Foods
Manufacturer's product description
Listed on Ciao since: 07/04/2002