Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > Top 10 Quotations > Reviews

hunnibunni

Member since:23.10.2003

Wish I'd said that!

28.02.2004

Advantages:
Even politicians are observant

Disadvantages:
none off the top of my head !

15 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. The_Nursey
  2. phucco
  3. SeasonTicketless
  1. ileiry
  2. jesi
  3. Linzee

I shall appologise now for any offence that some of these quotations may cause to some of those more delicate blooms out there.

I have taken these quotations mainly from comedians an politicians, because both are very well known for being clowns and both can at times say something sensible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill (PM - twice! )
"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
Charlie Brown (character in "Peanuts" comic strip, created by Charles Schultz)
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
Sir Winston Churchill (PM - twice! )
"I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli."
George Bush Snr , U.S. president.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
Margaret Thatcher (Britains only female (?) Prime minister)
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses. She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?!'"
Robin Williams (Writer, comedian, actor)
"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, because there's bugger all down here on earth!"
Eric Idle (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - The Galaxy song) (Writer, comedian, actor)
"Don't knock masturbation -- it's sex with someone I love."
Woody Allen (Writer, comedian, actor)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
Douglas Adams (A writer)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein (A Physicist)

So there you go, now you can tell what I consider to be some of the greatest and wisest quotations of the last century - I don't think anyone has said anything interesting as of lately and certainly nothing I consider quotable.

It is just a shame that it is a top 10, because Winston Churchill said some amazingly offensive things to people in his time.
And Albert Einstein pointed out some definate home truths and witty observations about the world we live in.

Bye for now
xx

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

ileiry 31.01.2005 20:16

i really like Margaret's, :-)

phucco 01.09.2004 18:10

The BEST quotes in the world, I agree with you completely!

SeasonTicketless 09.06.2004 17:50

Churchill in particular had an acidic tongue!