Top 10 Websites

Review of "Top 10 Websites"

published 25/06/2010 | hayleigh_18
Member since : 04/09/2008
Pro I couldn't live without them - doesn't the title tell you that?
Cons They may not be to your taste...?

"www. - - I Couldn't Live Without You - - .com"

Top 10 Websites

So, my list of top ten websites and the reasons why:

10. www.wikipedia.com

A growing public internet encyclopaedia of over 4 million articles, accessible in many different languages. Registered users may freely edit the content of these articles so be warned when looking for factual information.

I love having a peek at articles on Wikipedia when I’m bored; my most common excuse for browsing the internet at all – boredom is a jolly old thing.

9. www.bored.com

As it states in its giveaway title, another website for when you are feeling a little overly bored.com. I probably wouldn't recommend this site for the older and more "mature" Ciao'ers (even though I class myself so at times) - I always find something interesting on here when I am utterly bored and have absolutely nothing else to do - which is rare now I am a Ciao-er ;) and that’s why this only comes in at number 9.

Games, videos, images, blogs, fun, humour, quizzes. The humour page is my favourite, bearing many random articles that you may use at your own discretion to have a chuckle or two.

8. www.yell.com

Because that big yellow book is so last century! An online version of the Yellow Pages; useful for finding a wide variety of businesses, their telephone numbers and business address.

7. www.msn.com

This is set as my homepage for both my home and work computers. The only thing I enjoy on the site is the little newsflashes they give you on their homepage – I seldom venture beyond these and only spend minutes at a time skimming through – but it’s clearly the most attractive yet informative homepage I have yet to discover.

6. www.itvplayer.com

Monday morning, in work, cup of tea in hand, golden silence; flick on ITV player to watch those programmes that you were way too busy to see over the weekend!

I doubt there will many of you on here unaware of ITV Player and what its uses are. But for those of you who are unaware, in a nutshell, ITV player is a website governed by ITV, the biggest commercial television network in the UK, where TV listings can be found for ITV channels, and more importantly, for watching those programmes online, which you happen to have missed when they were broadcast on TV!

5. www.ebay.co.uk

Cheap as chips and more convenient than a click of a mouse. I’m most certainly an experienced buyer, but can’t say I’m much of a seller. There are so many little bargains on here – particularly things manufactured in Hong Kong and China that we are charged through the roof for here. Memory card for digital cameras and mobiles are always a good buy!

4. www.direct.gov.uk

The website of the UK government.

The website that holds information on everything we could possibly wish to know as a UK citizen:

Employment. Money, Tax and Benefits. Education and Learning. Motoring. Pensions and Retirement planning. Government, Citizens and Rights, Travel and Transport, Home and Community, Young people, Disabled people, Caring for someone, Environment and greener living, Crime and Justice, Health and well-being and Britons living abroad.

What more could you ask for?!

3. www.hotmail.co.uk

My darling email account - what would I do without you?

Logging in at least once a day is a must, where I am faced with Global Test Market survey invitations, discount vouchers for various places to dine, and the odd email from my emigrated gran, as well other random bits and bobs.

2. www.facebook.com

Not my most favourite website, but certainly the most visited! I log onto facebook about 5 times a week, at least 3 times a day *cringe*! SAD I know, but it’s only what’s expected of today’s generation – (and yesterdays, sorry folks!). What has the world come to?

1. AND NUMBER ONE IS....

www.google.com

The answer to my every question! What more can I say! Ok, you’re probably a little shocked (or disappointed, possibly?) by this, maybe you were expecting something a little more exciting, unique, interesting? Sorry guys! But you must admit, this is a little gem of a thing. It’s my gateway to the wider internet world!

• VampirePrincessLizzy published 20/08/2010
    I love ebay lol :o)
  • torr published 28/07/2010
    Must be the first time I've seen a gov.uk site listed in this category. What a serious young woman you must be, after all. But at least bored.com sounds like light relief!
  • daniella2010 published 26/07/2010
    My list would probably be very similar... however I've never heard of bored.com

Product Information : Top 10 Websites