Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > Top 10 Websites > Reviews

l500589 5

l500589

About me: Hi all, Thanks for reading my review. My name is Mark, and Im from Stoke-On-Trent, I have just joined up to this site today (02.08.2009), so still finding my way around. It looks very good from what I have seen so far.

Member since:02.08.2009

10 websites that cause my laptop a lot of work

17.05.2011

Advantages:
some very useful sites out there

Disadvantages:
I probably spend too much time on all this

14 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AnneLorraine1
  1. Indie-Rock-and-roll
  2. TheHairyGodmother
  3. thedevilinme

I spend a huge amount of time on the Internet, probably way too much time to be honest!

I therefore thought I would have a go at listing my top 10 sites, based around the amount of time I spend on them each week, combined with how much I enjoy the site, and how useful it is, so here goes.

I will list the sites in order from 10 down to 1, where 1 is my favourite website.

10. www.advfn.com

I dabble around with stocks and shares in my spare time, and when I have any spare money, and so for this reason I visit advfn almost every week day. The site is a great design, showing numerous charts for each stock, as well as giving details on the stocks' market capitalisation, earnings per share, turnover, profit etc. There are also discussion forums for each stock, which give people the chance to debate the stock, and talk about the best times to buy and sell, and predict where they see the stock going over the short, medium and long term.

9. www.nationwide.co.uk

I have banked with Nationwide for almost 20 years now, and I find them a fantastic building society, which offer customers good rates on mortgages, loans and savings. The Internet banking facility that Nationwide offer is very good indeed, and I find myself visiting the site a few times a week, saving me the time and expense of going into my local branch to check on balances, move money around, or pay bills. The site is very simple to use, and seems very secure, as I have had no problems in all the years I have been using it.

8. www.onepoll.com

Onepoll is a great little survey site, which I visit a couple of times every week day. Surveys pop up throughout the day, and pay out between 5p and 50p typically which is instantly credited into your account, and most days I earn between 50p and £1. The surveys are all pretty short compared to other sites, and a balance of £40 is required to cash-out, by paypal, or cheque. There is a really good 'refer a friend' system available on Onepoll, which really helps to boost your balance too.

7. www.yahoo.com

I visit yahoo every day to keep track of my emails. I tend to receive a lot of emails, some of which are quite important, and so it is important to keep on top of them all. The automatic spam separation is very useful, as well as the option to flag up emails that need further work. Yahoo is also great for news, sport, finance, chat, Internet searches, almost anything you can think of, but I generally just go to the site for my email, but often end up reading a news article or something whilst on there.

6. www.bbcsport.co.uk

I am a huge fan of sport, and so I am always visiting BBC sport, as I find it to be the best sporting website by far. The layout is simple, with all the sports listed down the left hand side of the page, and a breaking news banner moving across the top of the screen. I use BBC sport a lot when I am not able to get near to a radio, or TV when a live sporting event is on, such as a game of cricket or football. BBC sport often have live text on these games, updating regularly on anything that happens, and it is the next best thing to watching or listening live.

5. www.bluesq.com

AS mentioned above I really like my sport, and so I do have the occasional flutter on almost any sport you can think of. Blue square has always been the main site that I have used, and has always been secure and accurate, with a simple layout, and great customer service. I use the deposit limiter, which stops me from depositing more than £10 a week into my account, as it is easy to get carried away sometimes!

4. www.google.com

I think I need to include google in my top 10 list as it is easily the site that I visit most over the course of a week. The search facility on google is incredibly fast and accurate, and without the likes of google, the Internet would be a lot more difficult to use and navigate around from site to site!

3. www.topcashback.co.uk

I have been a member of topcashback for about 4 years now, and I really like the site. The site enables members to earn cash back on purchases, as well as earn money from completing surveys, joining up to various offers, and completing daily clicks. I find that topcashback always seem to have the best rates of cash back, when compared to the dozens of other similar sites, as well as one of the lowest payout thresholds, and most regular payout occasions. A fantastic site, that is well worth signing up to in order to save and earn a lot of money over the years.

2. www.moneysavingexpert.com

Money saving expert or MSE was introduced to me by a colleague at work, and although I wasn't really interested at the time, my colleague signed me up to the free emails from Martin Lewis at the MSE. Over the last few years I must have saved hundreds of pounds from the tips and offers that are highlighted on the site. MSE has also introduced me to many cash back, survey, and review sites, such as Dooyoo, which again have helped me to earn lots of money in total. There is a very useful forum on the site too, where experience is shared, and I really could spend all day on this site if i had the time!

1. You guessed it www.dooyoo.co.uk

I absolutely LOVE Dooyoo!

Come tomorrow, I will have been a member of Dooyoo for exactly 2 years!!! There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not log in to dooyoo, and most of those days when I do log in, I find myself on here for hours at a time, reading, rating and writing reviews on a whole range of products. It is amazing how quickly the miles add up, and although it is never going to make me rich, I do enjoy the extra little bit of income that dooyoo provides.

There is generally a good community spirit on the site, apart from the very few individuals that always seem to be here to cause trouble. Over the years I have read some fantastic reviews on here, some that have made me laugh out loud, some have brought tears to my eyes, many have given me the encouragement to go out and buy a particular product, as well as others that have highlighted a new website that I have never heard of before, and instantly gone to join up to (such as onepoll mentioned above).

Overall Dooyoo is easily my favourite site, and I am so glad that I read about it on MSE a few years ago, and decided to join up..... THANKS DOOYOOO!!!

Thanks for reading.