Top 5 Ciao Sins

Top 5 Ciao Sins

Review of "Top 5 Ciao Sins"

published 29/03/2005 | pridham123
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro None.
Cons All.

"Ciao, Ciao, Ciao, Ciao, Ciao................"

Ciao is a wonderful place. If you've got the urge to do some reading, want to share your experiences about the latest wonderful iPod, or warn the world about the terrible aspects of Jamster (see my review), Ciao is the place to be.

You can even earn money and make friends. But some people manage to befoul the community. They turn it into black, slushy ice. They sit in their sad little world thinking about how they can turn a happy little place into mud. And we can always see the culprits. They leave behind too many clues which always get them caught. Here are the worst 5 things a member could do...

1 - Skimming

Why would people want to skim. You write a massive review that takes you 20 minutes to read yourself. Then 30 seconds later you get some goof leave the standard VH and 'good op'. It makes you sick. Sometimes you write about a terrible thing such as Jamster, clearly outlining that this thing is BAD. Then you get a comment saying, 'Sounds good. I'll have to try this'. I think offenders should be fined 50p from their account for doing this.

2 - Unfair ratings

Some people pour their hearts out into E reviews. They spend hours making it perfect in every way. Then they get the SH for putting 'there' instead of 'their'. Some people even give NH for this and i've seen a few give an OT just because of one minor mistake. On top of that some people give ratings higher than they deserve (see clicking cartles).

3 - Clicking Cartels

These people piss me off so much. Have you ever noticed when a group of 7 or so people join Ciao all within a week or so. These people all have a white level, are all trusted by 6 members and have 1 review each. These reviews are just a long list of specs and they all have 6 E's. I wonder who they were from.

4 - Off Topic reviews

Off the top of my head, here is an example of an OT review which i've just made up.
------------------------------
MY REVIEW OF MALTEASERS

Rating - 5 stars

Recommend to potential buyers - no

i like them they are cool they cum in a blue packt n they tast good.

overal this fone is faulty
------------------------------
See what I mean. I have actually seen reviews like this. At least write a decent review.

5 - Copying

I have seen a review which was copied 100% from another user. When I confronted him, he said, 'I was only getting tips off better users'. The next day he was no longer an active user. On another review I saw it was copied 100% exactly from the product page of the product he was reviewing on the Ciao website. How dare he!!!!

Well that's my 5. Like I said with skimming, any user who ignore these should be fined 50p from their account.

Don't forget. I'm watching you!!!!

Thanks for reading :-)

© 2005 - pridham123

• Chimeraboy published 16/10/2006
    yep
  • granadan published 20/06/2005
    nyse 2 no wot buggs ppl! Lols... must admit though, spelling and grammar is so easy to sort now even without being a rocket scientist. If unsure, copy and paste into works or word.... then hit check.... The odd speller I can handle, but many in one makes for hard reading. Wouldn't down rate over it though! Jane
  • james564 published 16/04/2005
    I agree with andersonfamily - if it says it cums in a blue paket nd tastes nice or whatever you said - it is on topic just not helpful. Thats what happened with me an a review by SarahRules that i read..its an All About Me one that says MEMEMEME, how rubbish? its not off topic though. Good points. James :)

Product Information : Top 5 Ciao Sins