Top Gun

Top Gun

1CD(s) - Label:Sony Music Distribution - Distributor:Sony Music/Arvato Services, Sony Music/Sony DADC - Released:17/07/2000

Review of "Top Gun"

published 19/05/2007 | innercircle
Member since : 10/11/2005
Pro Great Catchey Themes
Cons Not Long enough
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Top Gun the forgotten music?"

 TOP GUN – THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 

 BACKGROUND & MY VIEWS 

Back in 1986 was a film which was realised starring dishy Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis and not forgetting Val Kilmer, in all honesty it was the soundtrack what got me hooked, I can’t remember much about the film but the music just reminds me as if I listened to it yesterday.

I’m having a clearout today so that’s why I thought I’d review this not so forgotten soundtrack and here is my view

Just as I remembered most of the tracks are pop and are catchy, I'm not so keen on the theme music or Heaven in your eyes but the rest of the music is good.

 ADVANTAGES 

Takes you back only thing is you don’t realise this music is over 20 years old – Gosh time flies by.
My favourite track is Destination Unknown.

 DISADVANTAGES 

Original Soundtrack not long enough.

TRACK LISTING 

Heaven In Your Eyes - Loverboy
Through The Fire - Larry Green
Destination Unknown – Marietta
Top Gun Anthem - Harold Faltermeyer/Steve Stevens

Released by Sony in 1986 and again in 1999 with extras (I have the original 1986 one) and if I can remember Take My Breath Away went straight to number 1 and Danger Zone landed somewhere in the top 10.

 RUNNING TIME 

56-57 Minutes approx

 PRICE 

I paid less then a fiver but now it varies up to £10.00

• vichar68 published 19/05/2007
    Great review
  • piggypine published 19/05/2007
    My other half loves this soundtrack, my personal favourite is "through the fire"