Toshiba 28W27 B

Toshiba 28W27 B

16:9 - 28 in - 50 Hertz - Stereo - without Real Flat Screen

Review of "Toshiba 28W27 B"

published 02/05/2005 | andybhoy_1
Member since : 02/05/2005
Good
Pro Good Picture quality, nice size and price!
Cons The Sound is RUBBISH!
Picture Playback
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"Toshiba 28W27B"

I have had this Television for a while now, and I honestly can't remember how much I paid for it, however I would hazard a guess at around the £250 mark. I bought it to replace another Toshiba televion I had which was square and since I got Sky and DVD's etc. I wanted the widescreen.
This television lasted a week in the living room, before the square one was put back in, and the 28W27B was plopped into the bedroom. The picture quality on this TV is better than the old one without a doubt, however the sound is absolutley rubbish. There is absolutley no bass from it (which I like, as I tend to watch MTV Dance an awful lot) and when you turn the bass up in the menu, it goes totally distored and really you just dont want to listen to it. I don't know if this is a general problem with this "Virtual Dolby" thing, but give me the hassel of 5 speakers and wires trailing everywhere anyday over this piece of non-sence.
The menu system on this television, as with most Toshibas is simple, easy to use but does the job, the remote control is also a lot less complicated than the old Tosh, dosen't have as many button to press etc. Its also a nice size of TV if you want widescreen but dont want it taking up half the room.
All in all, its a good television, does what it should, but you wont need a mortgage to own. However if you like your MTV channels turned up loud, go for Dolby Pro-Logic and spend a bit of time running cables. I am extremeley dissapointed with the sound output of this TV.

• catrinaf published 03/05/2005
    Hi and welcome to Ciao. Sorry for the low rating but your review would benefit from some more detail. If you need any advice or want me too re rate, leave me a message in my guestbook - Cat x x
  • magicloudz published 03/05/2005
    Enough here to put me off, cheers
  • Tea65 published 03/05/2005