Toshiba 28W93

Toshiba 28W93

Review of "Toshiba 28W93"

published 17/02/2001 | franna
Member since : 16/02/2001
Pro Good picture, easy to use, nice cabinet (free)
Cons No audio-out

"Widescreen TV at a reasonable price"

I bought my Toshiba 28" Widescreen on the spur of the moment. Having done a bit of research - mainly into what I can expect to pay for a widescreen - I let it go for a while. However, on impulse one Saterday, I just ran over to the nearest store and bought this specific TV...

... and I am not disappointed at all. From the start everything was great. It comes with a free cabinet, which is stylish and easy to assemble. It was very easy and quick to install, with UK specific guides to channels.

The picture quality is crystal clear and the sound is acceptable. Let's get one thing straight though - it is very good value for the price you pay, but it is not up there with the big names like Sony and Panasonic. But, for now at least, the premium the established names charge for widescreen TV is just too high in my opinion.

One big drawback - no audio-out connectors for connecting your TV to your amplifier. However, this problem disappears if you have VCR (since you can view your TV channels through the VCR tuner, which can be connected to your amp.

The two SCART connectors are handy for connecting DVD's, Digital TV decoders and the like.

Overall I am satisfies with my, albeit impulsive, buy and can recommend this TV to anyone who can not afford the expensive brands but still desires widescreen TV.

• franna published 06/03/2001
    I forgot to mention the price - I paid about £430 for it. I also figured out that the SCART sockets in the back of the TV servies as both an input and output. So - alsthough I mentioned there is no audio-out in my op, you can actually use the SCART sockets as an output. So now my TV is also connected to my Surround Amp
  • adamhurst published 05/03/2001
    Cool opinion, however how much was it??? Otherwise very helpful.... :-)

Product Information : Toshiba 28W93

Toshiba brings you technology that is sure to arouse the senses. Whether you are longing for your first HDTV or searching for your next DVD player Toshiba offers a wide range of products that will be sure to tempt you. Innovation, advanced technology, and convenience are built into each Toshiba Color Television. This TV is equipped with Nicam stereo that delivers CD Quality Stereo sound to your TV. The 28W93B automatically tunes in all channels in the correct order on TVs and video recorders (BBC 1 on Channel 1 etc.) and suggests solutions to common problems, such as 'Check aerial is connected'. Fastext enables quick access to key TV text pages using the red, green, yellow, and blue buttons on the remote control. NTSC Video Playback enables NTSC tapes to be viewed when played back on NTSC video recorder. Off Timer lets the user program the television to turn itself off.

Manufacturer: Toshiba