Toshiba SD 3010S

Toshiba SD 3010S

Without DivX Playback, With DivX Playback - DVD-RW Player - DVD-R Player - DVD+R Player - with DVD+RW Playback

Review of "Toshiba SD 3010S"

published 26/11/2010 | jo_field26
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"dvd palyer under £50"

I had been looking around for a number of months for a new dvd player, my old one had died, but as it was not something that I regularly used I was not in a rush to get a new one.

As I started to look around there were very few that were around the £50 mark as they now all have blue-ray functions, which as I do not have any blue ray dvds this would probably be a waste of money.

I finally came across the Toshiba SD3010 it was on Amazon for £44.99, it had some great reviews so I thought I would give it a try.

This dvd player is dolby digital compatible, it can play DVD/-R/-RW/+R/+RW and CD/-R/-RW Play. It is easy to connect to your television and you can use HDMI or the Scart Sockets. It comes in a great gloss black colour and has a remote control, although this is a little small. This dvd player is lightweight and compact, but at the same time is robust and if you were comparing it to other top of the range dvd players you would find it hard to notice many differences.

The Toshiba SD3010 works really well with my HD ready flat screen television, the picture looks bright, sharp and colorful. The picture was good quality when connected with my scart lead, but I was recommended to purchase the HDMI cable and much to my surprise the picture quality improved further, it was a very worthy investment.

This dvd player is easy to set up and will be ready to use in a matter of minutes.

If you are someone that has a lot of remote controls to use your television and its surrounding equipment such as sky or freeview box, dvd player and television the Toshiba SD3010 has REGZA-link technology. This means that you can control the dvd player with the remote that controls your television, which is great as the remote that comes with the dvd player is very small.

I was surprised as this dvd player was a lot smaller than my old dvd player, the one disadvantage with this dvd player is that it is noisy when you are loading a dvd, but once it starts playing the noise has gone.

Overall this is a dvd player that for under £50 is well worth purchasing, you will not be disappointed.

• kevin121 published 26/11/2010
    Wow, they've come down in price since I bought my Philips one! Rachael.
  • dynamicnurse published 26/11/2010
    Nice work, well written.
  • Mistee-Dreamz published 26/11/2010
    I bought my DVD from Sainsbury's for only £19 !!