Toshiba Satellite C670

Toshiba Satellite C670

Screen Size: 17.3 in - Intel Core i3 - HDD: 500 - Windows 7 Home Premium

Review of "Toshiba Satellite C670"

published 20/09/2011 | Sunnysmiles
Member since : 22/07/2005
Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here
Pro Easy to use , good graphics and sound
Cons expensive
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Satellite of love"

Before I got this laptop I had always used a deck top Pc and it took me a long time to save up for it as it costs £399.00 which is quite pricey but I needed a laptop to do my work on and to be able to go around the house with as I have a wireless connection, which has been great over the summer as I have been able to sit in my garden and do my work online without being stuck at my desk inside on a hot day.

At first it took me a while to get used to using a laptop and for the first two weeks I had to plug in my mouse to browse the net, as it was a bit awkward for me to get used to using the touchpad but once I had taken the mouse away and persevered with the touchpad it soon became easier to use than having the mouse plugged in.

The screen on this laptop is 17 inches which is a good size and the graphics are a very good quality, it is fast at loading pages both from your files and on the net and when you turn it on you don't have to wait for ages for the desktop to appear. You can store your favourite places on your desktop for easy browsing and it has Windows 7 installed and is easy to use.

The laptop has 4GB Ram and 500GB Hard drive, it has DVD re-writer and media player which I find great for burning C.D's for my car sterio and for adding tunes to my ipod. It also has a slot for a memory card so that you can take the photo's from your digital camera and load them into your pictures file for saving on the laptop or you can connect a printer and print the photo's .

It has two USB ports so you can plug in leads for camera's, mobile phones to add music or take pictures from or use a headset it your listening to music or chatting on skype. It also has a built in webcam which is good if you have family and friends living away and you chat on skpye and you can choose to have this on or off.

The thing I do find about using this laptop is that it is a little heavy if you have it on your knee for any length of time if your outside so I ususally take it to a table and use it . It is quite big compared to other laptops but then you get the benefit of having a larger screen to look at.

It comes with a battery and charger and the battery will last around five days before it needs charging but I work online and use the laptop daily for a number of hours each day so it does get a lot of use and sometimes it gets warm underneath if you have it on your knee and then you need to turn it off and let it cool or put it on a table, I find that when this happens I can hear the fan working overtime to try and cool it but this is ususally if I have been working on the laptop more than four or five hours straight. Apart form that it is a quite laptop to have.

The keyboard is very responsive and the keys don't need to be pushed hard like when your using a keyboard as they are touch sensative so respond quickly. I like the speed of this laptop as files can be uploaded and downloaded quickly without having to wait for a long time, it transfers documents into emails quick as well as if your sending photo's by email too.
The copy and paste function is quick and it doesn't have Bluetooth but does come with Microsoft office so you can make files and store your documents.

All in all I'm quite impressed with this laptop and I'm happy to recommend one to you if your looking for a new laptop and have the spare cash to buy one.
You can find them in PC World and Currys and online too if you browse around for a good deal.

• Sunnysmiles published 20/09/2011
    I use my laptop for average two hours a day and mty battery lasts around five days its a new laptop im not sure how old your laptops are as you haven't said but the older they are the less batery power you will have as they need replacing when older that a year .
  • mrbing10 published 20/09/2011
    My Laptop IS lorriellah's and it has only ever lasted about an hour despite being a very good model
  • sandemp published 20/09/2011
    Sorry, but the battery really lasts 5 days without charging? I've used plenty of different laptops and the longest manufacturer's claim for battery life I have ever seen is 11 hours (and that was with the screen dimmed, wireless switched off and only doing something like word processing).