andyev 5

andyev

Member since:11.01.2001

Totalise has done me proud

11.01.2001 (15.01.2001)

Advantages:
Fast connects, own telephone service, free shares

Disadvantages:
none

8 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. jamiemazza
  2. matthewitt
  3. l1nda

I joined Totalise the day it began after getting tired of failed connects I had previously experienced with Freeserve.

After 18 months with them I have very rarely encountered an engaged tone and have always got fast downloads with them.

There was an occasion when my housemate knackered my computer's settings by deleting some of Windows' system files because he didn't know what they did - I managed to get things up and running again, but could not connect to the internet. This is where Totalise came into it's own - I called their technical support and they went through all the possibilities with me patiently - and when that didn't work they took my phone number and went away to work it out and called me back with an answer!

Many people have joined Totalise for the free company share allocations. I sold my first tranche at 95p in February 1999 for £385. This more than covers my phone charges. I only really sold them to cure my sceptism! I have now amassed over 1500 shares, and although they are worth significantly less than 95p I am confident that they will go up again.

Totalise have built up a number of businesses and have a contract with Direct Line to supply cars for their JamJar website.

A lot of the downward pressure on the shareprice is bound to have been caused by the sale of member's free shares - when this starts to stem the shareprice should increase - as there are only a finite number of shares available for issue.

Personally, I would (and have!) recommend Totalise to anyone, because apart from rewarding customers with free shares they're a damn good ISP and offer a wide range of services.

Lastly, a little known Totalise service is speechmail. If you're on the move and you want to check your email, just whip out your mobile and dial speechmail and it will read you your mail! Then if you wish to reply, dictate your message and it sends it as a .wav file - excellent stuff!

UPDATE!

I needed to contact Totalise technical support yesterday (Sunday) to find out how to get an additional email address for a uni project.

I sent them an email and got an automatic reply saying they would look into my query and get back to me within 12 hours. I got a full reply from them within five minutes with a link enclosed directing me to the right place on the Totalise site. It must have taken them a few minutes to type in the response because it gave me all the details I needed. It also gave the name of the support operator in case of any problems.

I have always found Totalise's service excellent and see this as yet another example of their prompt, efficient, and couteous service. Ten out of ten again, Totalise!

MadeinScotland 26.11.2001 20:26

great op, but how do i get onto totalise?

rambo 15.01.2001 15:49

Check out: http://www.prices.londonstockexchange.com/info.asp?sedol=0798413 for the latest share prices

andyev 11.01.2001 21:35

Ultimate Surf It is currently limited to 100 hours a month - however you should not be too likely to exceed that. Should you exceed it the remaining time will be 1p a min. When the local loop unbundling process gets finalised later this year, this restriction will be removed. You get two years' access for the £235. The number of shares given is 500. Hope this helps