Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Toyota present the RAV4 XT5 2.0 VVT-i 5dr 4 X 4 with 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto), Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i"

published 15/08/2004 | Duvlin
Member since : 12/11/2003
Pro My wife loves the car
Cons Its not an Alfa Romeo
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Better than my expectations"

After the demise of my beloved Alfa 156, due to being shunted from the rear into a lorry in front, it was my wife’s turn to choose what car we had next (part of an agreement for me to get my motorbike) and when asked what she wanted she said what John down the road has. This transpired to be a 5 door Rav 4.

So off we went to the local Toyota dealer and did the deal on a new 2004 XT3 model. A couple of weeks later the vehicle arrived and to be honest the first time I actually drove one of these when we took it away from the show room.

I am an Alfa fan so I was not expecting too much from this, you can not match the handling and styling of an Alfa. I was much surprised by the Rav 4 as it handles very well for a 4x4 semi off road vehicle and it has reasonable performance to go with it.

My wife loves the car especially the ride height as you can see over most things in front. Build quality is good although the paint finish is not brilliant in places. I am getting used to its handling characteristics and the wallow and understeer is a part of the ride that you get on with and accept.

Space in the car is fine with adjustable rear seats that can also recline if required, although this is a slight problem if you have three in the back as the seat reclines in two halves down the middle. Boot space is more than adequate and fits in all we need although it would be better if the rear door opened to 90 degrees.

Would I buy one again yes as long as I have an Alfa as a second car.

• purplelynne published 30/01/2005
    It looks like a good car. Lynne x
  • rowei published 15/08/2004
    Good op, but I think it would have been better if you had split it into paragraphs.

Product Information : Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Body Type: 4 X 4

Fuel Type: Petrol

Available Trims: XT2; XT3; XT4; XT5; XT-R, XT3; XT4; XT5

Range: Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV 4

Range + Engine Type: RAV4 2.0 VVT-i, RAV4 2.0 VVT-i Auto, RAV4 Granite 2.0 VVT-i, RAV4 2.0

Manufacturer: Toyota

Wheel Base (mm): 2490, 2280

Combined Fuel Consumption (mpg): 01-May, 31-Jul, 32.5, 32.1

Service Interval: 10000 miles

Avg Price: 24450, 18250, 17250, 18750, 21250, 23450, 19750, 22250

Power: 147

Type: Car

Release Date: 01-02-09

Transmission type: 4 Speed Automatic Gearbox, 5 Speed Manual; 4 Speed Automatic, 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto)

Height: 1705, 1685, 1715

Width: 1785

Length: 4265, 3870, 4220

Weight: 1385, 1325

Insurance Group: 12, 11

Engine Size (cc): 1998

Towing Limit (kg): 1500

Boot Capacity (litres): 970, 690

Driven Wheels: Four Wheel Drive (4x4)

Torque: 142@4000 lb/ft

Fuel Capacity (litres): 57

Cylinders: 4

Warranty: 3 years / 60000 miles

Maximum Speed (mph): 109, 115

Acceleration (0 - 62 mph): 10.8 seconds - (Auto), 10.6 seconds - (Man)

Number of Doors: 5, 3

Emissions Class: EU4

CO2 Emissions: 224 g/km - (Auto), 218 g/km - (Auto), 207 g/km - (Man) / 218 g/km - (Auto), 211 g/km - (Man) / 224 g/km - (Auto)

Country of Origin: Japan