Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Toyota present the RAV4 XT5 2.0 VVT-i 5dr 4 X 4 with 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto), Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i"

published 21/07/2005 | shelley40
Member since : 09/07/2005
Pro Great all round vision, reliable and versatile
Cons You won't want to let it go
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Keep cool in the HEAT"

I bought my rav4 Heat Estate in 2000. I have had a variety of cars in the past and had always been a "if it's got 4 wheels and it goes, who cares" type of girl. I'm now a convert, if it's not a Rav I'm not interested.

The driving position is great. Good all round vision, your high up and have a 'sit up and beg' type view. I've now got over 100,000 miles on it and I've never had any trouble, except for a lorry taking the back end out whilst parked outside my child's school. However Toyota won marks here too, replacing the damage at what I considered a reasonable cost and more importantly without having to wait days, if not weeks, for the part to appear.

It's great for driving around town, on school runs or off roading with the dogs. Its nippy, got great road handling and not bad on fuel consumption. Admittedly, it's not really 4 wheel enough for my husband, who'd prefer a Grand Cherokee Jeep, but even he prefers it to his company saloon.

With the backseats down I've transported doors, beds and sofa's in the back, not to mention an unholy amount of children.

Compared to other cars I've been in, particularly Fords, the airconditioning is good and quickly effective.

If you want to buy a good all round vehicle at a resaonable price and with reasonable upkeep costs as far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong. This car will be going to my son this year, I've already ordered my new car and yes...it's a Rav.

• Majiggy published 23/07/2005
    Hey welcome to Ciao. Good first review. Nice looking car. :) x maj x
  • MAFARRIMOND published 22/07/2005
    A good first review. Welcome to Ciao. Maureen
  • SueMagee published 21/07/2005
    I tried one but found it rather cramped compared to my CR-V.

Product Information : Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVT-i

Body Type: 4 X 4

Fuel Type: Petrol

Available Trims: XT2; XT3; XT4; XT5; XT-R, XT3; XT4; XT5

Range: Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV 4

Range + Engine Type: RAV4 2.0 VVT-i, RAV4 2.0 VVT-i Auto, RAV4 Granite 2.0 VVT-i, RAV4 2.0

Manufacturer: Toyota

Wheel Base (mm): 2490, 2280

Combined Fuel Consumption (mpg): 01-May, 31-Jul, 32.5, 32.1

Service Interval: 10000 miles

Avg Price: 24450, 18250, 17250, 18750, 21250, 23450, 19750, 22250

Power: 147

Type: Car

Release Date: 01-02-09

Transmission type: 4 Speed Automatic Gearbox, 5 Speed Manual; 4 Speed Automatic, 5 Speed - (Man) / 4 Speed - (Auto)

Height: 1705, 1685, 1715

Width: 1785

Length: 4265, 3870, 4220

Weight: 1385, 1325

Insurance Group: 12, 11

Engine Size (cc): 1998

Towing Limit (kg): 1500

Boot Capacity (litres): 970, 690

Driven Wheels: Four Wheel Drive (4x4)

Torque: 142@4000 lb/ft

Fuel Capacity (litres): 57

Cylinders: 4

Warranty: 3 years / 60000 miles

Maximum Speed (mph): 109, 115

Acceleration (0 - 62 mph): 10.8 seconds - (Auto), 10.6 seconds - (Man)

Number of Doors: 5, 3

Emissions Class: EU4

CO2 Emissions: 224 g/km - (Auto), 218 g/km - (Auto), 207 g/km - (Man) / 218 g/km - (Auto), 211 g/km - (Man) / 224 g/km - (Auto)

Country of Origin: Japan