Toyota Yaris 1.0
Toyota present the Yaris Colour Collection 1.0 VVT-i 3dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol
62 reviews from the community
Review of "Toyota Yaris 1.0"
I have owned mine for nearly 2 years, and with a driveway full of Vauxhalls i must say this little car stands out! not only for it’s looks, but for it’s amazing reliability. I can honestly say it has NEVER let me down, or even had me worried. I would have another one of these cars at the drop of a hat!
There are no swish gadgets, but i think simplicity is better... less things that could go wrong!
Good points:- Good on fuel, £30 fills the tank and is very economical (Gets me to work & back (34 mile round trip) 5 days a week & a bit extra running round.)
- Very easy to drive
- Good all round visibility, you seem to sit quite high up
- Seats 5 people comfortably, quite a roomy little car!
- CD player doesn't skip & jump over every bump
- Good sized boot - very deep
- Folding rear seats
- Happily cruises at 60mph at 2,100rpm
- Looks great (Mine still does & is a 51 plate)
- Very quiet - a few times not realised the engine was actually on!
- Hold their value! - I paid £4000 for mine 3 years ago as an 8 year old, and it’s still valued at around £3500-700
- Cheap insurance as a 1.0 litre
- Nice stylish interior, digital dashboard is easy to read.
- Easy to handle, even carrying 5 people it feels sturdy.
However, there are a few small bad points:
- Temperamental handbrake - does require some extra strength sometimes!
- The 3 door - The chairs don’t drop back to their original position once moved forwards, you have to hold the leaver and push it back which can make it awkward sometimes when you have your hands full.
- Brake disks do seem to corrode rapidly & need looking at/replacing almost every year
- Not very good in the snow & ice... i live down back lanes and have found myself sideways a few times!
Overall: Great little car.. well worth the money!
Product Information : Toyota Yaris 1.0
Manufacturer's product descriptionToyota present the Yaris Colour Collection 1.0 VVT-i 3dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol
Body Type: Hatchback
Fuel Type: Petrol
Range: Toyota Yaris
Range + Engine Type: Yaris 1.0, Yaris 1.0 VVT-i
Wheel Base (mm): 2370
Combined Fuel Consumption (mpg): 50.4
Service Interval: 10000 miles
Avg Price: 8595, 9095, 10095, 10595, 7295
Release Date: 01-02-09
Warranty: 3 years / 60000 miles
Fuel Capacity (litres): 45
Torque: 66@4100 lb/ft
Driven Wheels: Front (FWD)
Weight: 965, 975
Transmission type: 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, 5 Speed Manual; MMT Automatic, 5 Speed - (Man) / MMT - (Auto)
Classification: Compact Car
Country of Origin: Japan
CO2 Emissions: 134 g/km - (Man), 134 g/km - (Man) / 129 g/km - (Auto)
Emissions Class: EU4
Number of Doors: 3, 5
NCAP Rating: NCAP 4 Star Rating
Acceleration (0 - 62 mph): 13.6 seconds - (Man)
Maximum Speed (mph): 96
Insurance Group: 2
Engine Size (cc): 998
Towing Limit (kg): 650
Boot Capacity (litres): 950
Available Trims: Blue; Colour Collection; T Spirit; T2; T3; TR
Listed on Ciao since: 06/07/2000