Trailfinders

Trailfinders

Review of "Trailfinders"

published 29/06/2001 | Natalie
Member since : 26/07/2000
Good
Pro Wide choice, tailor made holidays, impartial advice
Cons Debatable follow through service on itineraries...
Where did you book
How often have you booked through them
Customer Service
How good were the guides?

"Great holiday - varied service"

Having read the other Trailfinder reviews - I felt it only fair to mention the experience I had with them!

Myself and a friend booked a three week holiday in South East Asia last November. We spent weeks reading all the available brochures and settled on Trailfinders as the most informative and appealing to our requirements.

We visited the Kensington branch to 'gen' up further and make some provisional enquiries. Our initial consultation was excellent, so much so that after an hour and a half, we had selected our dates, confirmed our hotel choices, flight selections, specified our preferences, paid the deposit and left very happy clients.

Unfortunately, things weren't quite so straightforward after that.

We received a confirmation itinerary in the post. It had three glaring mistakes in it. I telephoned Trailfinders and they apologised profusely and said a revised itinerary would be sent out immediately.

Seven days later - nothing. I called again. They apologised profusely again and the next day I received an itinerary. I was all ready to accept it as a wee mistake and forget the matter. Tore open the envelope to discover that there were still 2 mistakes outstanding.

Suffice to say over the following 2 months, I ended up calling them several times and in total received 12 copies of the itinerary before I received a correct version (no word of a lie!).

After I called and spoke to the manager, things were sorted out swiftly and he was most apologetic. He himself couldn't believe it had happened, but this wasn't much comfort. Our payment date had expired by this time, and we had received a letter reminding us that late payment would result in cancellation of flights and hotels, yet, we had not had confirmation of prices nor of one of the hotels!

Eventually, we had the right itinerary, everything was correct and we rang up and paid immediately. We had been told this would guarantee our itinerary and no further changes would/could be made. Two days later we received a *new* itinerary with a revised flight detail. It left us waiting in KL for 14 hours instead of the original 3 we had agreed to. And this was after we had paid! This may have been an airline issue, so I can't blame Trailfinders directly for it, but it just felt like the nail in the coffin.

Am happy to believe we may have been 'unlucky', certainly after reading the other reviews here, and I would, probably, use them again, since the holiday itself went very smoothly and all the hotels were very good. My only other comment is that I overheard a colleague of mine berating Trailfinders only recently, having experienced similar problems to myself!

• elkiedee published 06/08/2004
    A useful word of warning, hope you enjoyed the holiday in spite of all that. Luci
  • danieletheridge published 29/06/2001