Trailfinders

Trailfinders

Review of "Trailfinders"

published 22/07/2001 | theothegreek
Member since : 11/01/2001
Pro knowledgable and good first impressions,apologetic
Cons poor customer service,some sloppy employees,unreliable,problems not solved very quickly or proffesionally
Where did you book
How often have you booked through them
Customer Service
Quality of the tour in general

"another cock up by a travel agency"

I tried to book a holiday through trailfinders about 2 months ago and just want to air my frustration with the appalling service i received.
Like other opinions on here,first impressions were excellent.The staff seemed professional and thorough.....at first!However thats where the praise ends!...
I originally paid a deposit for a holiday with them after lots of grief i received when trying to confirm accommodation through them for hotels in thailand.I was told that i could stay in one property ,then i was told it was full. (and this happened about 4 times at least!)I thought well its not trailfinders fault the accommodation is not available,is it.Anyway the lady found some accommodation for the dates and i paid my deposit over the phone a few hours later as she had to check availability with another company.I had not received an invoice after about 2 weeks,yet my card had been charged,so i phoned the lady and asked for an invoice.She apologized but a week later nothing had still been received,yet she promised me everything was ok!then after countless phonecalls to the manager, who was always unavailable may i add ,i received an invoice the only problem was it was for more than expected and the dates booked were wrong too.I was really angry as i felt i was being strung along. I managed to see the manager in person ,as i went into their kensington branch this time .He apologised and said that they would book some other accommodation of a higher standard for me and they would pay the difference .He said that they needed 48 hours to confirm the availability with their suppilers before they phoned me back,i agreed to this.
He got back to me 72 hours later to say their was an event on and nobody had availibility now.Since i had only paid a deposit he said the price wasnt guaranteed nor was availability so they said they would refund my card and offer me a credit note of 10pounds for any inconvenience.
I said this was useless since i would never trust trailfinders to book another holiday the sem a real cowboy operation after you take away the plush furnishings.
I later received compensation

• andypandy published 15/10/2001
    Well said, mate. I am glad someone on this site has realised that problems do occur frequently at travel agencies (pay them peanuts and get monkeys scenario) and has defied the mealy mouthed comments that proliferate on these pages from people who get rather over excited when they receive service that should be the norm.
  • belinda9 published 22/07/2001
    I won't be using them then, I book holidays off the net, up to now I've been lucky.
  • innocent published 22/07/2001
    Sounds like a bit of a rough deal... if your ever looking for another holiday to Thailand may I recommend Gecko Travel, I've traveled with them 3 times now & never had better service. It's more treking holidays that they do, but if that's your sort of thing... Well done with the opinion as well, very helpful.

Product Information : Trailfinders