Trailfinders

Member since : 14/09/2002
Pro arranged everything, friendly
Cons none
Where did you book
How often have you booked through them
Customer Service
How good were the guides?

"Trailfinders.....but are they not expensive?"

Well they say one day back at work and you feel like you've never been off.......Well thay's how I normally feel after a holiday, but 8 weeks ago I took a deep breath, went to Dublin, got on a plane, told my Dad to stop drinking ( he's 78 ) and we flew to Cairo.
It feels like yesterday!

It had been booked about 3 weeks earlier, after lots of worrying, and we didnt know what was ahead of us!

My Dad had decided he was going to Egypt whether someone went with him or not.
This was okay but as I have said he is 78 and had a stroke 2 years ago.
I asked my boss about time off and because he is worth his weight in gold (but dont quote me) he let me have a week (mid term)!
I WORK IN SCHOOL and you know how the kids arent supposed to do this!

Anyway I only had a week to get to Cairo and back, as it had to be the school transfer week so I couldnt go into a second week.

I tried every travel agent I could. Trailfinders were my last choice as I thought they would be really expensive.
No other firm could get me weekend to weekend and couldnt understand why I couldnt fit in with them!

Trailfinders just made it all so easy. They booked my flights, hotel, tours and my travel insurance.
Normally I book holidays on the net and my travel insurance through Boots, so this was all very new to me.
I priced everywhere else first as I kept thinking others would be cheaper...but they werent. Boots insurance was much more expensive and that was with my Dad included with mine. Trailfinders was special for his age and still cheaper!

The hotel was amazing. Marble and gold everywhere. We had a view of the Pyramids from our window as requested. I have heard other people saying this was what they expected from their room with other companies, but didnt get it, but there was no such problem for us.
Breakfast was included. As were transfers to and from the airport.
Tours were booked for us and were wonderful. The people so friendly. We did have to haggle at the hotel to get staying longer in our room on the night we were leaving but we had been told this before we went and by that time we had haggling perfected.
I got them down from
£97 to £28 ! Yip thats how good it is to haggle in Cairo!

The total price for 5 full days and everything else for two people was about £1200. This might sound a lot but this was from Ireland and our flights are always ridiculous!

If you can find anything cheaper, including Le Meridian Pyramids, and tours make sure you can depend on the company. I would recommend Trailfinders to anyone.

Hope this is helpful.

• Allyalcock published 05/01/2006
    This sounds great, I always thought they were ecpensive too so never used them. Good on you on the haggling front too... I'm always too scared to ask! xx

Product Information : Trailfinders