Trailfinders

published 13/11/2017 | alexni
Member since : 13/11/2017
Satisfactory
Pro none
Cons poor quality of hotels & trips,
Where did you book
How often have you booked through them
Customer Service
How good were the guides?

"Avoid - A disappointing experience through Canada"

I have always booked my holidays independently after having a bad experience 15 years ago through an agent. However a friend highly recommended Trailfinders so I gave them a ring to see what they could offer.The sales assistant was so nice I decided to go with them even though price was £500 higher than I had priced . I had already my route planned & some hotels provisionally booked but she insisted their hotels were superior and I had the security of a travel agent etc should anything go wrong. Well things did go wrong but unfortunately Trailfinders didn't want to know. Flights overbooked,hotel rooms overbooked, location of some hotels ridiculous & away off the route we were travelling through the Rocky mountains.The quality of some hotels really poor. They appear to use an agent in Canada called JonView to secure cheap rates & obviously inferior rooms.The price initially quoted was increased a few times as the hotels they had priced for were booked up & they had to source alternative hotels ???? The trips they booked on our behalf were disappointing. Overall the holiday ended up costing approx £1000 more than I could have booked it for. The only reason I gave 2 stars was for the lovely girl I dealt with in Belfast office. It's a pity the company could not have delivered the same level of service.

• RICHADA published 15/11/2017
    Welcome to Ciao! It is incredibly unusual here for a single paragraph to get positive votes, there is the making of a good review here - have a read around the site to see what we do here. R.
  • catsholiday published 14/11/2017
    Sounds like you had a bad experience. I have had several friends who have had great experience with Trailfinders. I also have to say that generally hotels in Canada in the Rockies were expensive and pretty average so you may have found your own choices equally disappointing as we did last summer.
  • brittle1906 published 13/11/2017