Transformulas Eye Lifting Gel

Transformulas Eye Lifting Gel

Transformulas have come up with a fantastic alternative to surgery with no high cost, discomfort or risk to this sensitive area. A semi-permanent

Review of "Transformulas Eye Lifting Gel"

published 04/05/2006 | danielalong
Member since : 14/10/2005
Pro Cools and refreshes eyes
Cons Makes them feel a bit tight

"Give me a lift"

Lured by the promise of looking 10 years younger in minutes, the BOGOF deal and the nectar points, I decided to give this product a try…anything is worth a go!

Apparently, according to Heat magazine (what's that?), it's a favourite of Victoria Beckham so since she never has a wrinkle, it must be good.

The product has lots of information about how the skin around the eyes is more delicate around the eyes, and because of this, is the first place to show signs of ageing. It cites examples of wrinkles, circles, dark shadows, and crows' feet, and promises that it can roll back the years.

It is apparently a semi permanent treatment, which will tighten areas around the eyes, making them look youthful and radiant.

So, it's about time those years roll back, and ever seduced by a promise, I was convinced.

**THE PRODUCT**

The product comes in a small box with the wand inside this box, and a very nice wand it is too. It's a small 10ml silver stick which looks rather like a mascara so if you don't want anyone to know what you're using, you can convince that it's your latest mascara, unless you allow them to see the very large words on the side…EYELIFTING GEL. That's a dead giveaway.

However, it is quite a classy unobtrusive bit of packaging, and once opened, by unscrewing the lid of the wand it is a small white brush with soft tightly packed bristles.

I had a good smell of the wand and there is no smell at all, or if there is, I am unable to detect it.

**HOW DO I USE IT?**

The instructions suggest that the wand is glided gently over the brow bone, under the eyes and on the outer eye area. This should be done twice daily and then the lid screwed back firmly, I assume so that the product does not dry out.

**PRICE AND AVAILABILITY**

The product usually costs £22.99 from www.buycosmetics.com but I got two of the wands for this price, and I am sure that if you look on various sites, there will be bargains to be had.

**OTHER PRODUCTS**

Try the website, www.transformulas.com for other similar products. For example, this eye lifting gel is available in clear ( which I have), seductive chocolate flavour and cherry flavour (why would you need a flavour around your eyes?).

**WHAT I THOUGHT**

I was actually very sceptical about this product, as I am most products, but continue to buy them anyway.

I did exactly as advised on the instructions and when I first applied it, found that it did have an almost instant calming effect. The brush is soft and does not drag along the eye area but glides on smoothly and my eyes felt cool, which was due probably to the peppermint, which is one of the ingredients.

Once applied, it does tighten your skin, and feels a bit mask like, but this sensation wears off almost immediately.

I have now been using this for about 3 weeks, and have noticed that the area around my eyes does look and feel more refreshed. I don't know about the lines disappearing, because I didn't do a close up before photograph, but they do look a bit brighter. One thing I have noticed, is that dark circles disappear, and after a late night, it is particularly nice to apply the product, just so that my eyes feel fresher. The one thing I would point out at this stage is that before the second application of the day, you ensure that the first is thoroughly washed off otherwise you could end up with many layers of the product and I think it could be quite drying.

There is still plenty of the product left which surprises me, because although it states that it will probably last for 6 weeks, somehow, I always expect things to run out more quickly.

Although nobody has yet told me that I look 10 years younger, and I think the claim that you look younger in minutes is a tad enthusiastic, I will continue using the product. It is not an onerous task to apply, and takes only seconds of my time, and if it makes me feel better, then it must be doing something.

I would recommend this for anyone who wants to add a quick and simple extra to their beauty regime which does actually show some benefits with sustained useage.

Thanks for reading

Daniela xx

• Hezoid published 05/09/2006
    It's such a shame this is so expensive! Great review.
  • newty1977 published 12/05/2006
    You wanted to look TWELVE again ?!?! hehehe ... great review ;-)
  • MissTopaz published 09/05/2006
    Wow, this stuff looks good!

offers "Transformulas Eye Lifting Gel"