Review of "Travel Republic"

published 11/03/2009 | wesanwar
Member since : 11/03/2009
Pro 0208 so free to call off mobile minutes
Cons too much small print, slow responses, Using third parties
Range of Activities
General Information
Application Process
On-the-placement Support
Office Staff

"www.TravelRepublic.co.uk Holiday Disaster (Read Small Print)"

*This whole debacle has crippled us emotionally* (Please Read and leave comments)

I booked a holiday with this company in December 2008 for the Christmas break, unfortunately my trip turned out to be a disaster, on my return i complained to travel republic, it took the company a month to realise that they could not open the email attachment i had sent them, however on each occasion i rang the company, the staff told me that the complaint was being processed, anyway i resent my complaint and waited another 30 days to receive responses from travel republics suppliers (As travel republic is only an agent, the company passes on your money to third parties who actually supply the service). The hotel company offered a refund, however Travel republic still took their commission from the proceeds, to which i was extremely disappointed as i had not resided at the hotel.
Since Travel republic uses the services of travel providers some of these companies dont even have a desk/information point at the arriving airport. Our rep could hardly speak english, when i asked him for help he became aggressive, i have raised this issue with travel republic, but they have not found out if the gentleman has been sacked or is still working for Travel Republics Suppliers.

This holiday was suppose to be our honeymoon, we cant afford to go on another holiday for a long time, We are £1300 out of pocket and are looking to ABTA for resolution. The fustration with this company cannot be expressed in words.

My dispute is on going TR republic and its staff need some education on telephone etiquette, i will never use them again and will always read the small print.

• wiebowo published 12/03/2009
    great review, more detail
  • Amy69 published 11/03/2009
    Welcome to Ciao. a nice review. That sounds terrible! Id not even heard of them before xx
  • claireedwards27 published 11/03/2009
    sorry you had such a bad time!! xx

Product Information : Travel Republic