Tresemme Vitamin C & E Natural

Tresemme Vitamin C & E Natural

Review of "Tresemme Vitamin C & E Natural"

published 25/11/2006 | jdeacon_162
Member since : 08/10/2006
Pro Size of bottle! They last forever!
Cons Can make oily hair even more greasy!
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

""Professional. Affordable." It says it all!"

Everyone has heard of the Tresemmé hair care range, but this particular range is not so well known. Tresemmé Vitamin C & E Natural is designed for any hair type, and is said to include Vitamin C and E (hence the name!) as well as various "plant derived" extracts. However, when looking at the ingredients, i couldnt work out what plants were used as they were all written using their chemical names....not very useful if you ask me!

It wasnt until i was randomly looking around Wilkinsons one day that i noticed this shampoo on the shelf. I have used other Tresemmé products in the past, and was always happy with them, so thought i would try the Tresemmé Vitamin C & E Natural
shampoo, as i had never seen this one before. Normally around £4.99 per bottle, they were on offer for 2 for £6, so i thought this was a bargain! Especially considering the size of the bottles. This particular bottle contains one litre, but it is possible to buy 500ml bottles (obviously at a lesser price) but these are harder to get hold of, unless you look online. Anyway, because of the special offer, i decided to buy one shampoo and one of the matching conditioner.

The next time i needed to wash my hair, i decided to try my bargain buy. Ok, so i was just curious, i always am when i try new products. This is probably why i have about half a dozen half used shampoos in my bathroom!!!! I was greatly suprised with how much you need to ash your hair. I used quite a lot of shampoo on my first go - as i have thick, long hair - and realised that this was way too much! So the next time that i washed my hair, i only used a squirt the size of a 50 pence piece, and this was enough to cover all of the hair, as it lathers extremely well. The conditioner was a slightly different story, as this quickly absorbs into the hair. Therefore a larger amount of conditioner is required than that of the shampoo.

The smell of the product is gorgeous, and lasts for several days, so there is no need to wash your hair that frequently. This is said to be for "normal" hair, and should suit any hair type. My hair is usually quite dry, and i found that this shampoo hydrated my hair, and left it soft, glossy and full of volume. I could even leave several days between washes. However, my sister has naturally oily hair, and after using this shampoo (although her hair was nice for the first day) she found that it became very greasy by the time the second day came around, and hence she had to wash her hair again.

My bottles lasted over a month, which makes them very cost effective.

I was extremely pleased with the results of this shampoo and would definitely buy it again. However, i would recommend trying to find a smaller bottle first (unless the larger ones are one offer) as it is a lot of money to spend if it doesnt suit your hair.

• jovichick123 published 26/05/2007
    Great review, have used Tresemme before but not this one, might give it a go now! Thanks, Sarah xx
  • scarfaceman published 28/04/2007
    Great review! Just about to try it myself as i saw it on offer! :-)
  • lesa60 published 25/11/2006
    I found some of this range work great for me and others don't. Good review. :)

Product Information : Tresemme Vitamin C & E Natural