Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream Pump

Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream Pump

Review of "Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream Pump"

published 01/04/2011 | zombieflesh
Member since : 13/07/2010
Pro soothing & gentle on skin, hydrating & nourishing, leaves skin feeling softer, natural ingredients
Cons takes ages to absorb, too heavy for my combination skin

"A hydrating moisturiser made from natural ingredients"

Trilogy is a brand that I had heard of and was interested in thanks to their strong ethical practices and use of natural ingredients. I received a Trilogy duo pack as a free gift when subscribing to a magazine and I was really thrilled with this as it's more expensive than the products I would usually go for. You can buy Trilogy products from many beauty stores, and online at their website www.trilogyproducts.com/. The Vital Moisturising Cream is available in a 60g glass jar costing £24.50, or a 50ml pump dispenser bottle costing £24.50. I have the larger sized jar and I don't think it's worth spending the same amount to get less product, especially as I don't like pump dispenser bottles. Trilogy have recently announced that they will be releasing another version of this Vital Moisturising Cream containing SPF 15.

Product description: "Our most popular daily moisturiser provides pure and immediate nourishment and hydration for all skin types.
Perfect for most skin types this ultra-nourishing cream deeply hydrates and protects skin. Made from a blend of 12 of nature's most beneficial botanical actives including Rosehip, Evening Primrose and Orange Flower, this lightweight and fast-absorbing cream assists healthy skin renewal and helps minimise signs of ageing."

As mentioned above, I have the 60g version of this face cream. It comes in a heavy glass jar with a screw top plastic lid. The packaging is rather plain and simple, but the label is very helpful and contains lots of information about the product. The moisturiser itself is a plain white colour and has a medium-thick consistency to it. It does have a light, fresh scent to it but this is not particularly strong and I personally couldn't figure out any definitive description for the smell!

This moisturiser claims to be suitable for all skin types. My complexion has gone through some changes recently, and I have finally moved past my prolonged oily and spotty stage (hooray!). My skin now seems to be settled at combination, prone to oily patches on my nose and chin. Trilogy say this is ideal for: Repairing, Revitalising, Softening, Replenishing, Rebuilding, Protecting. Upon applying the moisturiser it feels quite thick, although it does spread easily. It has a nice cooling and soothing effect on my skin and it does help to replenish levels of moisture after cleansing. I have found that this is not really suitable for me to use in the mornings, as it takes an awfully long time to soak into the skin. I don't really have the time to wait around for this moisturiser to be fully absorbed before applying my make-up, so I use a different cream on my face in the morning, and this one is reserved for using at night, and also on my neck. It leaves a bit of a heavy feeling on my skin afterwards, but when it finally has soaked in fully I definitely feel the benefits of it, and my skin feels smoother and more nourished. I think this face cream would probably be better suited to someone with a dry skin type, as it is too rich for me to use frequently.

Trilogy pride themselves on using high quality natural ingredients, and it's reassuring to know that I'm not overloading my skin with chemicals when I use this face cream. Rosehip oil contains natural anti-oxidants, jojoba oil helps to soothe and rejuvenate, evening primrose and carrot oils repair and renew the skin as well as helping to reduce the visible signs of ageing or damaged skin. This is a mighty powerful combination! My skin seems to be in better condition since using this face cream, however I have not seen any dramatic effects - possibly because I haven't gone too far into the ageing process yet...time will tell!

With this Vital Moisturising Cream, a little goes a long way. I try to use this sparingly so my skin is not overloaded, and it does spread well so you don't need to put loads on. I've been using my 60g jar for around the last 6 months and it is only just nearing the end. This goes some way to balancing out the initial cost of the moisturiser, and makes it seem better value for money as it is quite long lasting. I have had good results using it as a night cream when it has a long time to be absorbed and get to work on hydrating my skin, but it's not practical for me to use as a day cream. I would recommend this face cream but think I will look for something better suited to my combination complexion next time.

Trilogy are against animal testing - please keep your beauty cruelty free!
Trilogy is a Choose Cruelty Free accredited company. For more information about Choose Cruelty Free visit www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au

Ingredients: Purified Spring Water, Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Glycerol Stearate, Evening Primrose Oil, Jojoba Oil, Cetearyl Wheat Straw Glycosides & Cetearyl Al, Rosehip Seed Oil, Marula Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf, Carrot Oil, Chamomile Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, *Components of Natural Essential Oils

• MrBrightside1987 published 12/04/2011
    Very well reviewed xx
  • loopy-lou33 published 01/04/2011
    I like the fact that it is cruelty free. x