Review of "Triton T100i Electric Showers"

published 19/06/2010 | petrolheadguru
Member since : 18/06/2010
Satisfactory
Pro Cheap to buy
Cons Poor temperature control be careful!

"Triton T60i basic budget electric shower"

We bought a house that needed loads of work from top to bottom back in 2007.Bathroom was horrible,ugh! Needed a complete make over including replacing the old Triton shower that was well beyond its best
.As luck would have it our local DIY mega store was closing down and the last few months there were plenty of half price or better bargains to be had.The showers on offer all seemed much the same at first,but do your research before you buy is always the best advice I can give,they are not all the same.
Two main types,Electric or Power shower? Electric has a cold supply only and heats up what you need as and when you use it,very practical but only works off mains pressure,so you may need a pump and this could turn out to be expensive.This T60i is a basic electric shower,plain white case,showerhead a little cheap looking but does the job.The temp control is not great,no suprise there as it is a budget buy@ just £40 it was about half price so no complaints!The top dial temperature control settings ,off,cold,warm,hot and the bottom is for increasing the cold/hot flow but be careful as it not that consistent.No its not the wife playing with the kitchen cold tap,it just can not self regulate the temp that well,sometimes getting suddenly very hot and back to cold.Maybe they are all like this,could be down to mains pressure changing?
Because of the big giveaways at the store I bought at the same time a Rapide R1 electric shower (we never used,sold it on a well known online auction site!) and Showerforce 1000XM power shower for our planned ensuite.Power showers use both hot and cold supply,plumbing is quite complicated but the electrics are more simple because alot less power is needed to run the small built in pump.The electric shower works like a kettle and requires a heavy duty cable back to your fuse box,not an easy DIY job!
If you want a very cheap competant unit the T60i is fine,you get what you pay for.Our fitting was a simple change over from one electric shower to another,all the plumbing and electrics were there and working fine.We had everything checked by an electrician and all was well,water and electricity do not mix so do not attempt to fit anything like this unless you are a competant DIY person or a professional.

Thanks for reading my review and I hope you found it interesting.If this has been useful to you and you take time to leave Your rating it will be appreciated and hope you will take a look at my other reviews sometime.I also leave reviews on the DooYoo website about this and other items,many thanks!