chizzie 4

chizzie

Member since:07.10.2002

Tropical leisure pool - what a lot of puff.

20.07.2003

Advantages:
fairly large, plenty of activities for kids, good fun

Disadvantages:
no drainage plug, needs lots of puff and a good hosepipe

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. sarah110
  2. beatlemanic
  3. MarsieCaz

On a scorching summer day in july when the kids were getting the better of me i decided what other way to amuse the kids and get some peace and quiet - buy a paddling pool. There we set off (myself and 2 kids) up the town - we tried every available toy shop (argoes, poundstretcher, woolies, toy shop, ELC, More store) and eventually found one index.

On ordering the only one that was available we were told that it was available only as home delivery and had to wait 2 days. By this time the kids were hyper so I gave in. The final purchase being:-

A tropical Island Leisure pool - priced £24.99
Suitable for ages 3 and up (my kids are 3 and 6)
Size 90in x 90in when deflated.
4 fun activites including spraying slide, palm tree toss game, hoopla game and ring toss.

The box also claimed there was a large drainage plug.

Two long days later the pool arrived and the kids were desperate for a go - only problem being it rained most of the day. However on the Friday night we gave in and once the sun was shining tried to set it up. My partner of the foot pump blowing the outside and myself inside bloding up the slide and inflatable basketball hoop and flower by mouth - This took us the best part of 45 minutes. Filling it was not easy but once it was done the kids had a really great time.

The next problem came to emptying it - alas there was no drainage plug as promised. We Had to deflate the side and let the water run out ( and flood the back garden).

The next day we had to go and spend another £20 on an inflator/deflator and £15 on a longer garden hose.

On the second day the slide managed to split at one of the seams and the single repair patch included did patch it up - but what happens if you get more than one hole.

All in all the pool is great for the kids, plenty to keep them amused and the inflation is better with the pump but the overall cost of approx £60 was a little more than I intended spending and the problem of drainage still exists -- although contacting the manufacturer and still waiting on a reply from them - (will update this if and when i get a reply)

I would only recommend this if you already have a small compressor pump and a garden hose as well a large garden where the pool can be left up and covered overnight - rather that inflating/filling/deflating all the time.

hellywelly 22.07.2003 20:12

I haven't got any kids but I would love a pool to go and paddle in on a hot day like today. Good op. Helen

Mattroberts 20.07.2003 17:11

I used to love paddling in a little pool when I was a kid! Matt x

Maia 20.07.2003 16:52

I would have killed for this as a child! Actually, in this weather, I think I would still love to have one of these. Sadly 1 bedroom flats in London don't allow for it. Boo-hoo!