Tropicana Pure Premium Pomegranate Juice Grape & Apple

Tropicana Pure Premium Pomegranate Juice Grape & Apple

Multi-fruit Juice

Review of "Tropicana Pure Premium Pomegranate Juice Grape & Apple"

published 12/04/2011 | Juliet101
Member since : 02/07/2010
Pro Taste, resonable price, NOT from concentrate, anti-oxidants
Cons None
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"Thirst quenching"

Tropicana Grape, apple and pomegranate

I personally find the taste of pure grape or pure pomegranate juice too dry and so I don't like the taste. I like juices with a refreshing taste because I drink juices when I'm thirsty, so drinking a juice that is dry isn't going to help. I have a tendency to always try things at least once especially if it is something new and I have not tried it before. This time my brother came home with some Tropicana grape, apple and pomegranate juice and at first I told him off for buying it as I thought it would be really dry and no one would drink it.

Cloudy apple juice (31%), red grape juice (28.8%), white grape juice (26.7%) and pomegranate juice make up the contents of this juice. The juice is not from concentrate which means that it is pure fruit juices and fresh as can be.

When I have tried pure grape juice (especially white grapes) the juice is very dry and it makes me more thirsty and there is also a rather weird aftertaste. Pomegranate juice is no better and also has a dry and weird aftertaste. So I was rather pessimistic about this juice. But it tastes really refreshing, light and thirst quenching. It's a red colour and it is not very thick at all but is rather thin. I like juice that is thin rather than the thicker ones because otherwise it is like milkshake.

The pomegranate is a good anti-oxidant and 150ml of the juice contributes to the 5 a day fruit intake recommendation. This is a really easy way to get your 5 a day. 200ml gives 128 calories, 0.4g of protein, 31g of carbohydrates, 30.6g of which are sugars but these are those naturally found in the juices. There is no fat or salt, so good for those on a diet.

They come in a 1 litre carton priced between £1.50-£2.00 and are often on offer together with the other Tropicana flavours. They can be found at 2 for £3 and we buy them when they are on offer and this is quite often. It also comes in a smaller 330ml bottle at around £1.20 for 1 and 2 for £1.50 or £1.70. These are better for lunch. They are available from supermarkets and all major grocery stores.

I would not hesitate in buying this juice again. It means I can get the anti-oxidant goodness without the dryness leaving me thirsty.

• SweetTooth93 published 12/04/2011
    I like Tropicana but think i'll stick to the more traditional orange and tropical flavour :)
  • IzzyS published 12/04/2011
    Ooh I like the sound of this! must give it a try sometime... good review.