Truprint Developing

Truprint Developing

Review of "Truprint Developing"

published 13/08/2007 | CoupeQueen
Member since : 08/07/2007
Hi, I'm Alyson. I live in Wales with my boyfriend, my two little boys Jac and Harri, and my two cats. Thanks to everyone who has looked at and rated my reviews. I also write under the same name on Dooyoo. xx
Pro CHEAP, EASY TO USE, CONVENIENT
Cons NONE
Speed of processing
Efficency & Reliabilty of service
Customer service
Postage & Packing

"PICTURE PERFECT!"

The photo I used for my Dad's birthday card!

The photo I used for my Dad's birthday card!

MY HISTORY WITH TRUPRINT
I’ve used truprint to have my photos developed for about 20 years. I remember having my first camera and the excitement I felt when getting my photos through the post along with a free film so I could use my camera straight away. I now use truprint online and have my digital photos developed into gloss prints to add to my photo album. For some reason I like to see them in photo albums – it probably sounds a little old fashioned as most people are probably happy with having them on disc these days.

CONVENIENCE/EASE OF USE
Truprint are extremely easy to use. You can either just plug in your camera of memory card and let Truprint do the rest or you can load the photos onto your pc and then log on to the truprint website (www.truprint.co.uk).
From there you just click on upload photos, then you can either choose an album to upload to or create a new album. You can then name and date the album and you just click on ‘upload to this album’.
This then opens a new window you then click on ‘select photos’, which automatically takes you to ‘my documents’ where you just choose the pictures you wish to upload.
You can then order a few of the photos or the whole album and/or more than one album. There is no limit to how many photos you can order in one go. The system is so easy to use, it’s all there in plain English.

SHARING
There is a system Truprint have where you can share pictures or albums with friends. There is a tab at the top of the page named ‘sharing’. Once you click on this you are taken to a new page. It shows you here how you can share with friends and family via email, share to social network sites such as Facebook and Twitter, share via a link in a chat window, personal chat room or blog and you can also make a ‘Snapshow’, you can create a sort of slide show by adding songs, themes and titles to you photographs. I don’t think you can use your own music, but they do have a list of 34 to choose from including ‘Auld Lang Syne’ and ‘We Wish You A Merry Christmas’. Once you have designed your Snapshow you can then email it to friends and family. I’ve never used this before but had a go before writing this review, it really is a great idea especially if you have family and friends who live away.

ITEMS YOU CAN ORDER
There are many different items you can order ranging from photos to mugs. You can personalise so many items which is great for presents especially if you have awkward relatives like I do.
You can have posters, mugs, calendars, jigsaws, greetings cards, t-shirts, baby bibs & vests, placemats & coasters, mouse mats, photo books, canvas’ and acrylic enlargements, magnets, keyrings, stationary and teddy bears with personalised t-shirts on. They also make your favourite photo into a canvas. I think this is a fabulous idea, you could have a photo of the children made into a jigsaw puzzle for grandma , or as I did, a photo of my Dad in his biker gear put onto his birthday card – he loved it! I have recently ordered a collage mouse mat with pictures of my nieces and nephew on for my sister for Christmas.
You can add special effects to your photographs as well. These include fancy borders to represent special occasions or just plain borders to make the photo look good in a certain frame. You can fix and enhance the photos by reducing the red-eye, crop parts of the photo that you don’t want, and you can apply a tint to the photo such as black and white, sepia or pink.

PRICE
Standard 6x4” prints cost 9p each, 7x5” prints cost 19p each, 8x10” prints cost £1.20 eacj, 8x6” prints cost 40p each, 12x8” prints cost £1.20 and wallet prints cost 99p.
There is an offer where you can purchase your prints in advance. It then works out cheaper per print if you pay for 500 6x4” prints it’ll cost 5p per print and 250 6x4” prints will cost 7p per print
150 7x5” prints would cost 18p when paid for in advance and 300 7x5” prints would cost 17p.

DELIVERY & PACKAGING
Standard delivery takes 3-5 days and costs 99p, that’s for up to 50 prints in one order. 51-500 prints costs £1.49 and 501 + prints cost £1.99.
There are many other delivery charges for the many different facilities and items you can purchase like photo gifts such as mugs, mouse mats, t-shirts etc prices for these start at £1.99 and then an extra 99p for each additional item.
I think that the delivery charges are very reasonable, sometimes truprint do special offers such as free delivery, I receive regular emails from them with these offers included.
The packaging is also very good. My photographs come in a sturdy cardboard envelope, I have also ordered birthday cards and a calendar in the past which also arrived in the same type of packaging. I have never ordered gifts so I cannot comment on the packaging for these items. But am sure they would come in the appropriate packaging for each item.

TRUPRINT ACCOUNT
When you first make an order with truprint you have an account. You then have a login name and password to get into that account. All of your photos that you have downloaded onto the site are then kept in your account. You can also check if you photos have been processed and dispatched. The account will also show orders fro the last 30 days and an easy link to previous orders. If you have paid in advance for photos these credits will be shown in this section. Every photograph that you have ordered using the Truprint site is stored in this section unless you wish to delete it, I have found this very useful – my Nan liked a photo of her and my Grandad so it was very easy to just order another copy of it with my next order.

SPECIAL OFFERS
Throughout the year truprint have special offers on. Such offers include half price prints, sales on gift items and also opportunities to be entered into prize draws. All special offers are emailed to you so you don’t miss out on the great offers. My most recent purchases included free delivery and a half price collage mouse mat which was reduced from £6.99 to £3.49.

MY OVERALL OPINION OF TRUPRINT
My overall opinion of truprint is fantastic. It is so simple to use and it stores all my previous photos, so in the future if I want to get copies of my previous prints I can. I can’t imagine using any other photo developing company as I have never had any problems with truprint, in fact they have always been outstanding.

This review was read 2030 times and was rated at