leofluffy... 5

Member since:10.08.2007

Video reviews:5

Cheeeese!

08.09.2007 (06.09.2007)

Advantages:
good service, easy to use, fast and effective

Disadvantages:
can get very busy during Xmas and summer holidays

Speed of processing

1. Car.Dude42
  2. Soho_Black
  3. bmthkatie

TRUPRINT

In this review I am going to refer to both online and offline services provided by Truprint. I have used Truprint many times for photos and photo gifts. I think the best item I purchased was a calendar for my fiancé with pictures of our first year together. The calendar was of an amazing quality at a great price.

ONLINE SERVICES

The Truprint website (http://www.truprint.co.uk) is rather amazing. Not only can you set up an account so that you can upload and share your photos with family and friends you can order them at a click of a button. You can order a set of photos from as little as 8p fer picture. With your first order you can get 20 prints (6x4) free I have managed to take advantage of this offer twice now saving a lot of money.

As I am signed up to the site I often get email messages about the excellent offers. They usually send a code to type in when purchasing the products. I have managed to save loads on items I may pay full price for in the Truprint shop. Last year before Christmas I had an email about a calendar. I decided to go ahead with this product as it had £5 off and free delivery, I ended up paying £7 in the end. I really enjoyed selecting the photos, designing the layout of the calendar and adding my text (such as don't forget my birthday, our anniversary or Valentines Day). The designing stage was very simple and didn't really take long. Before purchasing I could see what the calendar would look like complete and I felt so happy with it, save to say I was mega excited to get it through the post.

The purchasing stage is so easy to do. Like most online shops they ask for the necessary details such as delivery address, payment details and delivery style. I have never been in any hurry for my products so go for the cheapest delivery option to my surprise however my products have been delivered earlier than I have expected.

My products have always been delivered in a secure package and have arrived in an excellent condition. The calendar was packaged in a hard cardboard box with a preview on the back so that I didn't have to open it if I didn't want to. I have noticed that with all my products there is a small photo on the back showing what is inside the box, this is very useful when ordering many items especially when one is a gift. I can guarantee it comes out of the box but unlike Mary Poppins carpet bag does not go back in.

OFFLINE SERVICES

On the off chance that I am in town and can visit my local Truprint shop I am more than happy to do so. The store is organised beautifully and there is always plenty of room to move. The shops is always light and airy and always clean and tidy. There are two ways to purchase digital photos. You can either pay 19p per picture and get them within seconds or you can select and crop/edit photos on the other electronic booth print off the receipt and take it to the counter. You can choose to have 1 hour, 4 hour, 24 hour, 48 hour services with this and obviously if you wait and have your photos printed in store you may end up paying as little as 5p (if you order 50+ prints).

I love the instant machine however because you can print passport sized photos, edit photos by adding a boarder, background or text. If you are in a hurry it is great to get your photos in a matter of minutes. You can print photos from a range of digital media such as USB sticks, memory cards and Bluetooth devices.

The staff are always really happy to help. In fact sometime I feel a little comfortable. I know how to use computers and I have used these booths many times so it can be rather annoying to have someone talking to me as if I am 'useless'. They are very polite and it's quite a pleasure to purchase photos here. They always ask how I am and if I have been on holiday (well I suppose if they ask everyone that question someone is bound to say "yes"). I have found that during busy times of the year Christmas, summer holidays and Easter the shop is packed full, there is a huge wait and staff seem very stressed and slow, I tend to avoid these times and get my stuff online.

PHOTO QUALITY

I can't really do a review on a photo service without referring to the overall quality of my pictures. Well the fact that I am still using them and that I enjoy using them should be enough for you. The pictures always look great and sometimes admittedly better than the pictures 'on screen'. They always manage to get the photos at the correct resolution and they always look in perspective. They are never stretched or shortened to fit the 6x4 paper.

I have purchased mouse mats, mugs, posters, calendars and a teddy and all photos have looked great and have been of a high standard. This may have something to do with the yellow triangle with exclamation mark warning on screen saying that this photo may be of a low resolution. Saying that however I have often added these photos regardless of the warning and they have still turned out looking rather good.

COST

As a quick guide for you I have listed the general prices however be aware that if you order higher quantities or other products they may give a discount.

Canvas print (20"x24"): £89.99
Coasters (x4): £9.99
Photo book: from £12.99
Mouse mat: £6.99
Mug: £7.99
Clothing: from £7.99-£20
6x4 print: 8p
5x7 print: 12p

I noticed only the other day that you can get a huge collage of pictures for only £3.99, imagine if you get married this could be a great cheap keepsake you can pop into a posh frame and make it look really expensive. It's also useful if you want any ideas for presents for a friend's leaving party at work to remind them of the 'fun'. Or a 21st birthday party of the first 21 years of life. You can even purchase one for yourself as a memento of your time on holiday/school/university. Forget cutting and pasting your own photos, Truprint will do it for you.

SUMMARY

I wouldn't shop anywhere else for my photos I have never had any problems with Truprint. I find their products are of an excellent quality. They make super gifts for family and friends and are inexpensive. If you have young kids you can purchase lovely gifts for the grandparents or by yourself a treat for in work. When I graduate in a few months I will buy my dad a mouse mat for him with a picture on it for in work. The many products on offer are great and if you are really stuck for that perfect present you are probably able to find it here. Many people appreciate a present with that personal touch.