Trust SP-3680 UK

Trust SP-3680 UK

Review of "Trust SP-3680 UK"

published 04/05/2013 | illusiveman
Member since : 24/04/2013
Pro small speakers, easy to set up
Cons switch can be hard to reach
Sound quality
Design
Range of extra features / functions
Instruction manual

"Inexpensive PC Speakers"

When I bought this product

About a year ago I was looking to replace my existing PC Speakers as they were starting to wear out due to age (they were a few years old), I was looking through the Argos catalogue at PC Speakers but was starting to find that none were appealing to me as they were all just standard speakers that may stop working after a short period of time, when I finally found these Trust speakers I thought they were a surround sound system rather than PC speakers so I decided to buy these for about £20 from Argos.

My Experience and Features

When I opened the box I found the speakers easy to set up on my computer desk and plug all the cables into the right places, the instructions also clearly display where each cable should be plugged into the unit.

The main unit isn't too large and can easily be stored on a shelf, things can also be stored on top of it although I don't usually store too much as I find stuff gets knocked off when I'm trying to reach the switch on the back to turn it off.

The speakers are small enough to be placed on a desk and sit quite nicely underneath my PC monitor without getting in the way of anything.

Dials and Switches

This speaker set has an adjustable bass dial located on the back of the unit which can be adjusted which I find gives more a 'thumping' feel to the sound just like a surround sound system would give.

There is a switch located on the back of the unit so that it can be switched off on a night as I find the noise can be annoying when your trying to sleep, also the volume dial on the front has a white light which can also be very bright so it is best to switch this unit off when going to sleep.

As mentioned above the volume dial is located on the front of the unit and has a white light to indicate the level of the sound, I rarely have to adjust the dial past about halfway as it starts to get too loud after that point.

Summary

Good Points:
  • Easy to set up
  • Unit small enough to store on shelf
  • Things can be stored on top of main unit
  • Small Speakers
Bad Points:
  • Switch can be hard to reach
  • Can knock things off the top when reaching for switch
  • Bass dial located on the back

Overall Rating

I have owned this speaker set for just over a year and so far they are proving to be the best set of speakers I've owned so far, I've had no problems from them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for PC speakers less than £30, these get a 5 star rating from me.

Product Information : Trust SP-3680 UK

PRODUCT FEATURES: 2.1 speaker set with wooden subwoofer and a total RMS power output of 35 Watt Subwoofer with large speaker and bass reflex design for extra deep bass Wired remote control with volume control and power switch Tilted design satellite speakers for best listening position Extra bass control on the back of the subwoofer

Product Description: Trust SP-3680 UK - speaker system - for PC

Speaker System Details

Driver Details: Satellite speaker : 2 x full-range driver

Driver Details (2nd speaker): Active subwoofer subwoofer driver

Connections

Connector Type: Audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) ¦ Audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 )

Miscellaneous