Review of "Turtle Beach Ear Force X31"

published 06/02/2011 | Gladdish
Member since : 30/01/2011
Pro High quality sound, good signal
Cons No PC capability without extra purchase
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"In my opinion, better than the X41's!"

I bought this headset because a lot of my friends on Xbox Live had X11's and they are always boasting about how good they were, then my friend bought some X31's and said they are just incredible. After having X1's about a year ago, i had the "TurtleBeach Bug" as i knew how good they were, but i had to unfortunately sell the X1's as i had moved my room around and the wire wouldn't be very appropriate. So i bought some X31's last week and the sound quality is just mind blowing. They're really easy to setup too! The instruction manual has clear guidelines on how to set them up and it literally took me just 2 minutes. However if you do get stuck, there are many tutorials on website such as YouTube and MetaCafe. Also the band going across the top of your head and the ear cushion are very comfortable. I've found myself walking around the house with them on because i forgot they were there! I've tried the X41 model and i really cannot tell the difference between the two. The main flaw for this headset is unlike the X11's, it doesn't come with a cable so they can be used as normal headphones through a PC. However this can be cured by purchasing a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable which you can plug into the X31 transmitter, and then into the headphone port on your computer. When you compare these to headphones such as the Dr Dre Beats, i still find that these are a lot better! You also save yourself a lot of money, and they work as headphones and a Xbox 360 headset so you have 2-in-1!