Tweenies Sparkly Maracas

Tweenies Sparkly Maracas

Musical - For ages: 12 Months +

Review of "Tweenies Sparkly Maracas"

published 19/03/2005 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
Should ciao go down the pan, then I should like to say thank you and how good its been to get to know you. wishing you all the best in the future. MM
Pro super free toy
Cons ?

"Shake your Tweenies shiny maracas,"

shiny shaker

shiny shaker

These were a freebie. With the children's comic Tweenies.

These were a good freebie to recieve stuck on the front page of the comic .

The shakers /maracas are small about 7 inches /118cm long. They are made out of a hard bright pink plastic which has shiny sparkly bits embedded into it. These maracas are bright and attractive to a child
The handle is thin about 3-½ inches/9 cm long. It is just right for a toddler's hand to grip. There is a hollow ball shape at the end this contains some brightly coloured small beads. When this toy is shaken the rattle about and make a sound.

The sound is a gentle shaking noise it could be used to represent rain in lesson or song with your child.
A good rain song is I hear thunder .

I hear thunder I hear thunder ,
Hark dont you hark dont you .
Pitter patter rain drops pitter patter raindrops .
I'm wet through I'm wet through .
So are YOU
sung to Frere Jacka

I think these are suitable for a two three year old to play with , Small children love things that make sounds .
If you have a small baby You could shake these behind your babies head see if he can detect where the sound is coming from ,

Some of my special needs children at work like these they like the sound . I have one or two children that are in wheelchairs have no or little communication skill and we do try and stimulate thier senses these are good as they are bright and the sound atttractive one of my children will eye point at them for me to shake them and will eye track as I move it from side to side . will try and turn thier head when the sound is behind or above them. I get smiles from my children when I use these and thier eyes light up. This is the way I can tell my non verbal children like this toy.
Sometimes I will put the maracas in a childs handand gently hold thier hand around the handle and I will help them shake it either to precorded music or to me singing a familiar song.
I hope by doing this the child will be aware that the action they are doing is making the sound..

These are good for all pre school and those up to about the age of 6 .
Many songs can be sung and your child can accompany with these or put some music on and let your child shake and rattle these sparkly shakers. This is a good excersise in listening and playing in time getting the right rhythm.

Music is always a good motivator and a great thing to listen to with your child . use different kinds of music and talk about it with them while they shake the maracas pointing out saying fast , slow , loud and quiet encorageing them to play the same qualities as the music. If you managed to get this freebie that's good if not why not make a home made shaker a empty tin , box , plastic container with beands or beads put in ( remember seal the top securly) this will keep your child busy making and aquiring skills also be fun to shake and make a noise later .. if you have the freebie why not make a shaker to show how it is made. Have fun.

These maracas are now a couple of months old , have had quite a lot of use , have been dropped and as yet have not broken , for a freebie seem quite well made

December 23rd 2006.
went to daughters noticed gdaughter playing with this so it was def a good freebie

• Wearsidelass published 03/04/2005
    Plased to hear they are still unbroken! Julia
  • fantasybeliever published 26/03/2005
    Sounds like you've made excellent use of these too! Cheers. Christina ;-) x
  • solamarie published 23/03/2005
    these look good, nice review of them, and I knew the song too so could sing along, thanks, Sue