Tweezerman Super Curl Eyelash Curler

Tweezerman Super Curl Eyelash Curler

Eyelash Curler

Review of "Tweezerman Super Curl Eyelash Curler"

published 26/10/2003 | Maia
Member since : 11/04/2003
Pro Non-stick formula, revolutionary design
Cons Have to make sure your eyelashes have no mascara before using otherwise will stick

"Look deep into my eyes"

I believe eyes are the windows to a person’s soul. Eyes do not lie. That’s why they say no matter how large someone’s smile may be, if you look into their eyes, you can tell if they are really smiling.

In make-up terms, if I had to choose between eyes or lips, I’d definitely pick eyes. If I were only allowed one piece of make-up, it would not be lipstick; it would be mascara.

As you may know from previous ops, I’m continually searching for products that make my eyes appear as large and vibrant as possible. In Tweezerman, I have found a perfect product: Super Curl Eyelash Curler #1031-P

** WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT SUPER CURL EYELASH CURLER? **
There are three unique aspects to the Super Curl Eyelash Curler that mark it out from its rivals.

Firstly, it has a ‘no-stick’ silicone pad. The main problem with my old metal Body Shop eyelash curler was that my eyelashes would stick to the curler, leading to a horrible sensation as I pulled the curler away from my eyes (dragging my eyelids with me).

Secondly, by heating up the pads, you get maximum effect - super-curly lashes. Just switch on your blowdryer for a few seconds and aim it at the pad. When the silicone pads are heated, your eyelashes are more ‘flexible’ and hence can be made even curlier, thereby drawing attention to your eyes and making them appear larger.

Thirdly, it has a revolutionary design, which prevents side-pinching.

** USAGE **
Step 1: Open curler as wide as possible.

Step 2: Insert lashes through opening and centre them.

Step 3: Squeeze curler together gently but firmly.

Step 4: Hold for 5 seconds and then release.

Step 5: Apply mascara.

** TOP TIP **
Warm pad with blowdryer to create a long lasting super curl. When using a blowdryer, test Curler on hand to make sure it is not too hot.

** THE DETAILS **
Tweezerman is a brand associated with quality, so it is little surprise that they have such confidence in the durability of their products that they offer a lifetime guarantee. For further information, see: www.tweezerman.com

** VALUE FOR MONEY **
I bought this for £8.50 from House of Fraser. Compared to two similar products on the market, this is amazing value (at least £1.50 cheaper than it’s nearest rival, based on Boots prices):

£17.00 – Boots No7 Heated Eyelash Curler
£14.99 – Carmen Heated Eyelash Curler
£10.50 – Benefit Eyelash Curler
£10.00 – FCUK Eyelash Curler

** MY VERDICT **
I’ve read that Super Curl is a favourite beauty product of professional make-up artists, as well as every famous model, including Cindy Crawford, Helena Christensen, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell. After using this eyelash curler, I have to agree with the hype.

I only have one small reservation – if you have any mascara left on your eyes before curling, your eyelashes can still stick to the pad. This is despite the alleged ‘no-stick’ formula. Having said that, if you put a bit of alcohol on a cotton wool ball and wipe the silicone pad … the problem goes! Easy-peasy.

So, if you are looking for an eyelash curler, you really can do no better than Tweezerman’s Super Curl. It really is the uber-curler, the Queen of Eyelash Curlers.

• Popalee published 21/04/2005
    my question is: you say they're designed to avoid side pinching but do they really?
  • Beckim published 19/08/2004
    Don't ask me why I've always been wary of eyelash curlers- I get the feeling they can rip your eyelashes out! Thanks for reassuring me! Becki x
  • vids published 23/06/2004
    Thanks for the info. I found Tweezerman in House of Fraser, and I love it.

offers "Tweezerman Super Curl Eyelash Curler"