Twin Town (DVD)

Twin Town (DVD)

Review of "Twin Town (DVD)"

published 04/09/2015 | xd-o-n-z-x
Member since : 13/02/2014
After almost a year off, I'm back!! Looking forward to reading all of your reviews - thank you for all the rates - very much appreciated!! :)
Pro acting, plot, funny
Cons bit gruesome towards the end
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"~ * Twins Terrorising The Town * ~"

My boyfriend and I were having a DVD night and it was his turn to choose the DVD. He Had a look through his DVD collection and found this one ‘Twin Town’. I had heard of this movie before, but had never seen it. Twin Town is a British crime film. It was released in the United Kingdom in 1997, which I was quite surprised at, as for some reason I thought it was quite a recent film. The DVD is currently available to buy from Amazon for a price of £3.81.

~ * The Plot * ~

Brothers Jeremy and Julian are trouble who get their kicks from causing trouble in Swansea. They live in a caravan at a caravan park and when their father is injured whilst working on a roof for a local business man, they set out to get compensation. But what lenghts will the boys go to to get their compensation? Watch Twin Town to find out!!

I hadn’t realised what the film was about, until I was actually watching it. So for a while, I thought that it was a comedy...there’s plenty of laughs to be had in this movie what all the faubulous one liners and the comical expressions. I laughed out loud on numerous occasions.

The movie does a get much darker as the movie goes on...and I didn’t like it after a while as it became a bit too gruesome. I couldn’t watch it for a while and was hiding behind a pillow. I felt lots of emotions whilst watching this movie; laughter, tears, and then I felt a bit sick watching the ending – it involves murder. The ending was quite spooky, especially with the music. The movie is an eighteen – I wasn’t really sure why, until it got near to the end of the movie!! So it’s definitely not suitable for those under the age of eighteen.

The acting in this film is very good; in fact it’s so good, I kept thinking that it was a real-life story. I liked that it was set in a real place (Swansea) and that it was how life was in Swansea at that time. The family are very down-to-earth and easy to relate to (even if they are a bit troublesome).

I would recommend this movie, it is a good one. It’s a good sort of ‘watch once’ kind of movie, but not the kind I would want to watch over and over again. It’s an entertaining watch even if it does get a bit gruesome.

Thanks for reading!

vh
  • StewwyB published 26/09/2015
    vh

offers "Twin Town (DVD)"

Product Information : Twin Town (DVD)

When their attempts at extorting funds from a sleazeball land developer fails, two mischievous, mean-spirited Welsh brothers initiate an ever-escalating feud in which no blow is too low--not even torture, arson, and dog murder. Fun and disturbing fare executive-produced by Danny Boyle and Andrew MacDonald, of SHALLOW GRAVE and TRAINSPOTTING fame. The twins are played by real-life non-twin brothers Llyr Evans and Rhys Ifans.

Listed on Ciao since: 22/01/2006